Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Wilfried Zaha and Brighton racism

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Another one to brush under the carpet .

Who is brushing it under the carpet? The chant has been condemned, but we are discussing where the video has come from.

The finger has been pointed at Brighton fans, so we need to know why. I'm fairly sure that there are other fans dislike Wilfried Zaha.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Who is brushing it under the carpet? The chant has been condemned, but we are discussing where the video has come from.

The finger has been pointed at Brighton fans, so we need to know why. I'm fairly sure that there are other fans dislike Wilfried Zaha.

It's on 'Joe' sport. Anyone with technical knowhow know how to 'view source' and decipher all this and see when the video was filmed? https://www.joe.co.uk/sport/casual-racism-footage-emerges-of-brighton-fans-chant-about-wilfried-zaha-176910 If it's possible anyway - don't know much about this sort of thing.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Another one to brush under the carpet .

Just interested, but speaking of brushing things under the carpet.

Was there any outcome relating your hooligans who stormed the gates at The Amex and injured the steward, or the ones that were letting off flares and fire crackers or whatever they were?

It was a shame your own fans suffered..... (it really was).

Not seen much published anywhere as a result (bans etc)...... The stupidity of the police seems to have done you a favour in terms of deflecting the criticism.

Also, still not seen much of in the way of an apology for your coach drivers behaviour.........

So without wanting to derail this thread from the issue, please don't come on here talking about 'sweeping things under the carpet', when your club are masters of it.

Last edited:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

bluenitsuj

Listen to me!!!
Feb 26, 2011
Willingdon
Given the loud noise you have made against Burnley’s supposed racism, I suspect you’ll be hunting down your fans for their actual racism against Wilfried Zaha?

https://t.co/7CGa83OhWK

Excuse my ignorance but where in the video does it prove these were Brighton fans as I cannot see any Brighton shirts or scarves etc

The main guy in the video has a Red shirt on and Man Utd have history with Zaha.........just saying like.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
They're united fans ffs

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Excuse my ignorance but where in the video does it prove these were Brighton fans as I cannot see any Brighton shirts or scarves etc

The main guy in the video has a Red shirt on and Man Utd have history with Zaha.........just saying like.

That had occurred to me.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Palace and Burnley fans DESPARATE to blow something up to deflect their booing of Bong (which can't possibly have racism undertones). Prove it's a recent clip, prove it's a couple of our fans, pass the info onto the authorities and let them deal with it. Meanwhile while your at it deal with your own fans as well.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I am surprised it has not been mentioned as looks obvious to me.

Having said I wanted evidence that it's Brighton fans, it would be hypocritical of me to point the finger at Man Utd fans. I was agreeing the thought had occurred to me.

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
If you eat a curly wurly you're racist these days:lolol::lolol:

I might have bitten my nails in the past but I've never sunk so low as to eat a curly wurly. Got one stuck in my teeth a few times.......

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
The Joe Sport article.

https://www.joe.co.uk/sport/casual-...righton-fans-chant-about-wilfried-zaha-176910

This is the original tweet.

https://twitter.com/SO_Selhurst/status/992692932770754560

[tweet]992692932770754560[/tweet]

Lots of tags to BHAFC, Twitterclarets and the FA, but no proof as the identity of the fans or even which train it was. It wasn't tweeted last night but just after 10am this morning and it was 'sent' to the tweeter, so not his own video.

It's a Southern train. The bloke with his back to us has an Albion programme in his back pocket. Think it's an after dark picture although the lighting is deceptive. It was most likely last night.

Having seen it a couple of times, I'd hardly put it in the Grade A Racism category as I think that there is no intent. It is rather ignorant and embarrassing though.

Jan 10, 2014
33e5yc5.gif

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
Not the club but the person who recorded the racist chant. There was a woman in Croydon who abused someone on the tram who was prosecuted for racism, which was recorded.
The police are the people to do deal with criminal activities such as racism. Not Twitter nor Nsc.

Don't you think that was the idea?

I ageee. But the CP fan who started the thread claimed that the club should do something, which was why my original point was made.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here