Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Will Chris get 'better' offers?

Lewes Punk

Feb 11, 2018
Reading Paul Hayward's excellent report from last night and he says:

And Hughton is bound to be preyed on at some stage by bigger names

I don't for a minute think Chris is interested in moving on but it made me wonder who would actually come knocking? I wouldn't have thought it would be one of the big six, they tend to go for global names.

Which only really leaves the Everton, Leicester, West Ham level club (if they got rid of their managers). Those clubs who are a 'bit' bigger than us currently in fanbase or recent achievements.

Is this a worry for you?

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
No, for reason you say. Top 6 don't seem interested in UK managers and why bother with anyone else in bottom 14. Ireland job might tempt him but O'Neill contracted to 2020.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
My worry would be Everton and Leicester. They could offer big money.

Less worried about Leicester. Despite their recent achievements, they aren't significantly different to us as a club.

Everton could be an interesting one though, certainly. You'd have to think he'd seriously consider an opportunity to go there should it arise.

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
He's a smart man with integrity. He and Bloom seem to work very very well together and I can't see him getting an offer from the top 6.

On that basis, I'm not sure who could offer him more than he already has.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Less worried about Leicester. Despite their recent achievements, they aren't significantly different to us as a club.

Everton could be an interesting one though, certainly. You'd have to think he'd seriously consider an opportunity to go there should it arise.

Oh god, why have you gone & spoilt a perfectly good day.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Been shat on twice, I doubt he’d consider anything apart from top six. Everton? Really? Ramshackle old ground and foreign owner will probably put the kybosh on that move.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
He's nominated for Manager of the Year.

https://www.brightonandhovealbion.com/news/2018/may/hughton-nominated-for-manager-of-the-year-award/

The public make up 10% of the vote, so you know what to do. Voting closes on 10th May.

https://apps.facebook.com/barclays-football/barclaysmotmnov-dup-dup-dup-2278073-2282036

Edit, maybe I should start a separate thread?

Thanks, voted for him but it won't make much of a difference, all the Chinese and Indians will vote for Klopp.

LowKarate

Jan 6, 2004
Wombling free
He's done a fantastic job for us, but I can't see a Top 6 club thinking that he is what they need.

The most likely opportunity to entice him would be England Manager. Lets hope Southgate has a good World Cup!

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
I genuinely don't think so. He's just not glamorous enough for the biggest teams who seem to insist on some form of prior silverware as a prerequisite for appointment. Other clubs don't really represent much of an advancement when considered against what appears to be the excellent relationship he has with Mr Bloom. You can never rule out the possibility of some club like Everton coming in with a big wage increase but it doesn't seem likely. I think we're safe. I'm not even convinced that international management with Ireland would lure him away, as the nature of the day job is very different. Might be wishful thinking on my part but I hope not.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Another good season here and a shite one at London stadium will see West Ham sniffing around I reckon, and unfortunately he'd be a good fit there as long as their fans were patient enough.

Right now though, I don't think he'd up sticks. Even a massive club like Everton would struggle to entice him I think. Id guess he is just too happy, settled and secure here to want to make that move.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
I think Mr Hughton is here till TB or a chairman of a 'biggy' (via a pay packet) say otherwise.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
He's not on the merry-go-round of average/tat managers that clubs seem to constantly lunge toward - Moyes, Fat Sam, Pards, Hughes - so I don't feel he is on their radar. He's wonderfully level-headed, and wonderfully bland with it, and the latter doesn't seem to be a feature that attracts magpie-ish suitors. So I don't fear his departure. Not because of him owing us anything or permanent attachment, but because I get the sense he knows where he belongs at the moment, and how much further he can take us with the under-23s beginning to sparkle and investment not seemingly an issue.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Tony Bloom and Chris Hughton seem to be a perfect match.
it would take an incredible opportunity for Chris to up sticks at the moment.

He would appear to have everything he needs to do the job to the best of his ability.
Why move?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here