Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] To the clowns who ran on the pitch from the North Stand

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I am in a good mood but imagine if a few 100 went on the pitch we may have been denied the ' lap of appreciation'

Just saying......no excuse for it.

But they didn’t though.

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton
My god, bemoaning fellow fans for getting caught up In the moment after an historic win to secure football in the elite league for a second season.

Shows the club are not so uptight and can see sense as no one was banned for going on the pitch and understand the occasion.

What I want to know from those that thinks this is a disgrace from our fellow fans is, How did that effect your experience and do you truly believe that the hand full of fans out of 30k should get a ban for their actions? Did you feel the same when we beat Wigan?

phoenix

May 18, 2009
They should neither be banned nor applauded.

But TBF a misjudged pitch invasion, complete with obese wobbler running excitedly for the first time in decades, a nifty sidestep as a steward discovers he doesn't have the rugby skills he thought and another showing him view it's done just added to the occasion.

Brighton should say they have been banned !! But not ban them, Then told they are "naughty boys, don't do it again".

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Brighton should say they have been banned !! But not ban them, Then told they are "naughty boys, don't do it again".
Why should the club lie ?

phoenix

May 18, 2009
Why should the club lie ?

Ban them until the end of July then,

It then gives the impression they won't take any nonsense. But are realistic about emotions.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
Did in result in the 20 minute wait from final whistle to the lap of appreciation starting?

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014
They should neither be banned nor applauded.

But TBF a misjudged pitch invasion, complete with obese wobbler running excitedly for the first time in decades, a nifty sidestep as a steward discovers he doesn't have the rugby skills he thought and another showing him view it's done just added to the occasion.

All it was lacking was the Benny Hill theme tune. Add that and we're onto a comedy winner.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
My god, bemoaning fellow fans for getting caught up In the moment after an historic win to secure football in the elite league for a second season.

Shows the club are not so uptight and can see sense as no one was banned for going on the pitch and understand the occasion.

What I want to know from those that thinks this is a disgrace from our fellow fans is, How did that effect your experience and do you truly believe that the hand full of fans out of 30k should get a ban for their actions? Did you feel the same when we beat Wigan?

The club didn't mind, the stewards were relaxed and let the fans back into the stands, we all had a good laugh at their expense. What's not to like?
I went on the pitch at Withdean, after our Great Escape with Russell Slade, and on the final day in 2011. I think I went on the pitch when we beat Man City in the League cup, but I can't remember.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Quite, summonsed to Barber’s office for a dressing down will surely suffice? Having to endure his voice for 5 hours will definitely make them think twice about their future conduct.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
As an aside, why did the club play the Great Escape at the end? Seems an odd choice of music.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
As an aside, why did the club play the Great Escape at the end? Seems an odd choice of music.

It's all to do with the guest naming of the exit tunnels:
[MENTION=205]Tom Hark, Preston Park[/MENTION]
[MENTION=15297]Dick Head[/MENTION]
[MENTION=1200]Harry Wilson's tackle[/MENTION]
:cool:

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I thought it was heavy handed by the bald steward to be honest. I know it is a big deal running on the pitch in terms of safety and security, but it was a completely over-the-top tackle of the fan, could have resulted in injury to either of them, or developed into something it never would have been.

Agreed. Looked like he has been waiting for that all season. Saddo. Unnecessarily over the top.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove

Because we were odds on to go down and we beat Manchester United at home with 2 games to spare - maybe not the Great Escape, more Epic Escape!

Still has a special place that bit of music for our ultimately futile defeat to Burnley with 9 men.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here