Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Other fans forums, etc

Me and my Monkey

Nov 3, 2015
I am ashamed to say that it is one of my guilty pleasures to peek at the fans forums of other clubs particularly after we’ve been victorious. The fury, angst, hand-wringing, mortification, etc, etc is a joy to behold, with phrases such as “lowly Brighton”, “crap teams like Brighton” causing me much mirth and merriment. The comments page after the BBC match report has been particularly fun this time. One Man Utd supporter, a supporter since the 1960’s he said, was SO DISGUSTED that he’s actually TORN UP his cup final ticket! Can you believe it? Perhaps one of the only downsides of becoming more established as a PL team, is that it will slowly become less embarrassing for these teams to lose against us, and the post match moaning less fun.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
A few more years in the PL and we will accumulate a cadre of our own knobbers who will lose their shit if we get beaten by a 'lowly' team (like Palace), trust me :lolol:

Frankie

Put him in the curry
May 23, 2016
Mid west Wales
“But it’s just Brighton , how could we lose to this sort of team ? “

I hope I never have this kind of thought process that produces this kind of genuine bewilderment from supposed big club supporters .

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

I hope I never have this kind of thought process that produces this kind of genuine bewilderment from supposed big club supporters .

Ive not really looked but i did see one comment referring to us as ''just a seaside team''...hmmmm

ZizkovClaret

May 17, 2016

Saw plenty of that when Burnley beat Brighton tbh haha

Pinkie Brown

I'll look after the skirt
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR
This was a stormer:

Susan Hopkins: Jose is fine plus its the end of the season! The Brighton was not a proper goal but these days if a club is near relegation refs go all out to let them win its ridiculous!

This is in fact true. It should only be a goal when the ball actually hits the net. As for Refs helping clubs near the bottom of the league. So wrong and shouldn't be allowed. Explains why they lost to us, Huddersfield and West Brom I guess.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Saw plenty of that when Burnley beat Brighton tbh haha

Umm when was the last time you beat us then? When Smug Eddie was your manager I suggest and you were an established championship club and we’d just got promoted so it’s really unlikely anyone said anything of the sort. The ref was on your side too having sent of two Albion players in the first 9 minutes and you could still only scrape a 1-0

So I call BULLSHIT on your commmet

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
This was a stormer:

Susan Hopkins: Jose is fine plus its the end of the season! The Brighton goal was not a proper goal but these days if a club is near relegation refs go all out to let them win its ridiculous!

This is in fact true. It should only be a goal when the ball actually hits the net. As for Refs helping clubs near the bottom of the league. So wrong and shouldn't be allowed. Explains why they lost to us, Huddersfield and West Brom I guess.

Well she's right. It was a Gross goal.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
This was a stormer:

Susan Hopkins: Jose is fine plus its the end of the season! The Brighton was not a proper goal but these days if a club is near relegation refs go all out to let them win its ridiculous!

From Susan Hopkins, soccer lover, Austin, Texas.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
This forum's eternally unhappy, but 79% of them are in unison tonight:

IMG_2587.PNG

lancyclaret

Jan 10, 2014
Umm when was the last time you beat us then? When Smug Eddie was your manager I suggest and you were an established championship club and we’d just got promoted so it’s really unlikely anyone said anything of the sort. The ref was on your side too having sent of two Albion players in the first 9 minutes and you could still only scrape a 1-0

So I call BULLSHIT on your commmet

Thought the most recent was the Burnley 1 Brighton 0 on Good Friday, 2012? Weren't Brighton going for the play-offs?

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Thought the most recent was the Burnley 1 Brighton 0 on Good Friday, 2012? Weren't Brighton going for the play-offs?

Don't think anyone was disputing you had beaten us fairly recently, just that (though by no means beyond the realms of possibility) it seems abit unlikely that an albion fan would come out with the #shouldbebeatingteamslike line which is so often levelled at us.

LowKarate

Jan 6, 2004
Wombling free
A few more years in the PL and we will accumulate a cadre of our own knobbers who will lose their shit if we get beaten by a 'lowly' team (like Palace), trust me :lolol:

They were warming up last year when we failed to beat Brentford at home. We’ve all got them.

Watching Premier League Tonight on BT Sport yesterday evening, Glenn Hoddle was berating this type of attitude from some fans of mid-table clubs and saying that they need to ‘get real’. His view being that clubs like Leicester whose fans get a taste of success and then expect it always to happen actually need to understand that their mission every season should simply be to stay in the Premier League and anything above that is a bonus. Otherwise the discontent spreads to the team and then you start to drift down to the relegation zone.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here