Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] That Glenn Murray shot

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Deserves a thread of it's own. Quite superb. I think the West Stand roof might have come off if that had gone in.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
And the north and the east and don't forget the sw corner! That shot fully deserved a goal and any other keeper, we'd have been one up.

MrSnuggles

Apr 29, 2016
He probably thought there was no way he could outpace their defenders and just had to Welly it! It needed DeGea at his best to keep it out. Stunning strike!

backson

Registered Mis-user
Jul 26, 2004
One of those delightful moments where our seats are right in line with the flight of the ball.

Can I add a little post script to highlight the Grauniad match report referring to the “...splendidly awkward Glenn Murray.”

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
muz.JPG

One of those delightful moments where our seats are right in line with the flight of the ball.

Can I add a little post script to highlight the Grauniad match report referring to the “...splendidly awkward Glenn Murray.”

Spotted that - think is meant to be a compliment :)

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
I think Glenn was excellent. He did particularly well to avoid a second booking by keeping his cool seeing as he was fouled numerous times and Pawson blatantly refused to give them.

GoingUp

Aug 14, 2011
Sussex By The Sea
De Gea was probably United's best player (again). What shot, but what a save too. Everyone around me was singing his praises as well as the Murray's shot.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Would that trademark jink and shot from Izquierdo gone in if De Gea hadn’t got a hand to it or was it crossbar bound?

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Several excellent moments from the great man last night.
The shot was magnificent, but my personal favourite was when he decided that he deserved a piggy back from Smalling. Not entirely sure what that was about, but made me smile a lot

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
Superb shot. Not got anything like that out his locker in some time.
Izquierdo's was coming back off the bar.
Have to say De Gea definitely better than Matty Ryan. He'll never top Ryan at the 100 yard celebration dash though.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Would that trademark jink and shot from Izquierdo gone in if De Gea hadn’t got a hand to it or was it crossbar bound?

Staring down the barrel of that, I'd say no.
But it was dipping which stops me from saying 'definitely no'.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
As he was shaping to shoot I thought "ffs, don't do that, you're gifting them back possession" and even after it left his foot I first thought "not good enough to trouble the keeper" but then it seemed to just improve as it flew through the air and forced De Gea into a great save

kevo

Mar 8, 2008

Crossbar I reckon. Great effort tho.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove

I thought it was dipping and side angle suggested De Gea was a meter off his line, maybe more, so at the very least underside of bar and down toward the line. Not sure that wasn't a better save than the Murray one.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here