Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Stephens Vs Pogba,. No contest!

Withdean

Nov 5, 2017
Two years? How about the last 8 months, we looked awestruck and out of our depth in the first two games of the season, especially in the Leicester away game. Remarkable turnaround

Tons of thanks and respect to CH and the team he’s assembled for helping them all over the deer in headlights “omfg what have we gotten ourselves into” first couple of games.

Pogba was very good for 60 mins but tired visibly from then on having to carry the Man U midfield. Sideshow Bob is not a top 6 player and Matic looked pedestrian too

Napier's Knee

Mar 23, 2014
West Sussex
Until I just watched the highlights I had forgotten Matic and Young were playing. The only Man U player who impressed was De Gea - one of the five or so best players at the Amex this season (Coutinho, Hazard, Firminio, Salah the others

Brightonfan1983

Tiny member
Jul 5, 2003
UK
As Le Saux (I think) I think said in the second half of the tv commentary, Pogba has had over half the game to realise that Brighton are in United’s faces but continues to want too much time on the ball and doesn’t seem to realise he’s being closed down every time he has the ball. He needs to play it simple...or words to that effect.

I really enjoyed his commentary/punditry last night.

(PS He was a brilliant brilliant guest on the Quickly Kevin podcast too, as was Lee Dixon.)

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
He played one unbelievable pass first half right in front of me, 60/70 yard crossfield ball from near the dugouts towards the East Stand. Undoubtedly has bags of talent but give me Dale and Davy every day!

That ball was unreal. Was like a half volley on the spin too. He made a couple of world class turns too. But that’s not good enough when you’re getting embarrassed for the rest of the game. 750k Dale & £10mil Propper bossed him & his mates all night.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Until I just watched the highlights I had forgotten Matic and Young were playing. The only Man U player who impressed was De Gea - one of the five or so best players at the Amex this season (Coutinho, Hazard, Firminio, Salah the others

I’d throw De Bruyne in there too but wholeheartedly agree.

Arthritic Toe

Nov 25, 2005
Swindon
I think Pogba's a complete waste of space and has been all season. He ambles around the pitch like he owns the place, usually choses the wrong passing option, and in my book is the main reason for United's 'poor' season. He's too expensive to drop - to do so would be to admit they've wasted all that money.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
I think Pogba's a complete waste of space and has been all season. He ambles around the pitch like he owns the place, usually choses the wrong passing option, and in my book is the main reason for United's 'poor' season. He's too expensive to drop - to do so would be to admit they've wasted all that money.

Couldn’t disagree more, he is class. Just playing for the wrong manager alongside players who are not in his league. Put him in the City or even Liverpool sides and he would be unplayable.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011

Until we were in the same league as him I hadn't realised how good De Gea was. I was hoping we might get a 0-0 last night as couldn't see us scoring past him.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I think the big difference was that Pogba played with Fellani :shit::shit: and Matic who was played too deep and Stephens had Propper alongside him with an out to either Knockaert and Iziquierdo as an out if needed.

Last edited:

AnotherArch

Northern Exile
Apr 2, 2009
Stockport & M62
I was wondering which player Pogba's performance reminded me of - then former loanee Lingard made it click. Pogba was an amalgamation of our loanees Best and Gardner - Best for demeanour and Gardner for 6 yard sideways passes with occasionally trying a 40 yard worldie.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
He played one unbelievable pass first half right in front of me, 60/70 yard crossfield ball from near the dugouts towards the East Stand. Undoubtedly has bags of talent but give me Dale and Davy every day!

no good having talent if you don't use it. There were a few absolutely brilliant passes from him. To me it looked like there were two united teams playing they looked so disjointed.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here