Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Jiri Skalak.....

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
My favourite moment that night, apart from Knocky's winner from Poco's incredible delivery, was Glenn Murray celebrating Stocko's penalty save in the tunnel.

Hutchinson's dismissal actual left me fuming. I was disgusted that the ref bottled it and gave him a second yellow, rather than the deserved straight red, for a potential leg-breaker of an assault on March. Hutchinson deserved a significant ban for that - not a crappy one match job like you get for a bit of back-chat, then kicking the ball away.

Both of these. One of the best nights at the Amex. That attack on March was horrific - he was trying to do some real damage (and March wasn't long back from his bad injury either). ****.

SUIYHP

The King's Gull
Apr 16, 2009
Inside Southwick Tunnel
What a cross, what a ****ing game.

We have been absolutely spoilt these last 3 seasons. All fantastic drama and tonnes of good games.

Indeed, halfway through the final year of university I only had the chance to go to one match that season. As I was back in Brighton for the holidays, that was the match I ended up seeing. Still get goosebumps every time I think about Stocko's double save.

Best of luck to Jiri, he always seemed to love Brighton and gave the club his all. Millwall are very lucky to have gotten him.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Neil Harris speaks well of Jiri. Quite surprised that he had been chasing him for three transfer windows.

Will be one of the best crossers of a ball in the Championship. Shame a fair bit of the rest of his attributes are weak. Just wheel him on for crosses.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Reported fee in the press today £660,000,so Millwall got a bargain.

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London

Actually - I stole the phrase from Timmy Cahill

He always made reference to the fact that he himself did not have the same and I use Tim's words '' Natural abilities as say Steven Pienaar / Michael Arteta / Neil Harris / Richard Sadlier ''

He like myself didn't mean ''no ability'' - He just meant that some players have a natural gift kicking a football around and others their abilities are attained through effort , endeavour and athleticism.

I too wish Jiri great success at Millwall as I go to the Den to watch football quite a few times in a season. So I will get to see him further his career.

Interesting Football Ramble recently with Matt Taylor (ex-pompey) where he essentially said the same thing, that he was surrounded by better players in the Luton academy but they didn't have the drive and effort required to make the step up. Always fascinates me how fine the line is between making it and not.

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
Part of our promotion squad, so will always be fondly remembered, but an average championship player at best. Not one for the Millwall fans to get excited about imo.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
A good Championship player, his strengths set piece delivery and crosses. Ideal for a new team with an aerial threat.

Jiri, all the best for the future. You'll be fondly remembered in Sussex as part of the brilliant Hughton promotion-challenging squads FOREVER.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Great crosser, great set pieces, most importantly a great human being.

Was never going to make the step up but that's far from the point.

I'll miss him

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
We probably needed him off our wage bill. Mind you, Hull must have offered considerably less, if their bid was turned down.

Hull v Millwall - it might not have been the club that said 'no'.

Trevor

In my Fifties, still know nothing
NSC Patreon
Dec 16, 2012
Milton Keynes
I wish Jiri all the best - he gave us some fine moments.

For historical geeks, only the fourth player to play in the final stages of a major international tournament (WC/Euros) while an Albion player

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
I'm a little suprised he didn't go somewhere a little better than Millwall

Millwall just missed out on the play offs very narrowly last year after coming up from League 1 - Also, he can commute to Millwall's training ground without even moving house

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Part of our promotion squad, so will always be fondly remembered, but an average championship player at best. Not one for the Millwall fans to get excited about imo.

I think they’ll love him he is a good Championship player and gives 100%, he’s a nutter as well so they’ll definitely take to him imo. Cult figure in the making I reckon.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here