Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Jiri Skalak.....

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Its very important to view that amazing image in CONTEXT.

.........and a scarf on his head...

That isn’t just any old scarf either. It’s my scarf! He grabbed it from me as I held him up high on my shoulders at Brighton station (with the help of another fan) on promotion day!

I’ll miss this particular nutcase a lot.

ewe2

Mar 14, 2008
Hailsham area
I liked Skalak.....He worked hard for us, and was a great crosser and scored one memorable goal....and did he celebrate our promotion !?......But overall he was/is not good enough,and IMO ,i wish him well,but will soon be forgotton. .......Tell me ,i am being too harsh !

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Always gave 100% and was an “interesting” personality too. I will hold very fond memories of him. Good luck Jiri.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I also liked Jiri.
Always did his best, one of my favourite memories was his goal at Charlton, the year we missed out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I liked Skalak.....He worked hard for us, and was a great crosser and scored one memorable goal....and did he celebrate our promotion !?......But overall he was/is not good enough,and IMO ,i wish him well,but will soon be forgotton. .......Tell me ,i am being too harsh !
You're being too harsh. Why will you be so quick to forget someone who helped us get to the promised land?

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
I really liked him. Great dead ball delivery and a whole hearted player
Needs to be playing regularly.
Last season must have been very difficult for him.

Stumpy Tim

I hope someone teaches him to stop trying to dribble past his full-back, as he doesn't have the ability. He needs to learn to make himself a yard and swing in a cross - play to his strengths. Beckham made an industry by doing that. I certainly wish him well, as he was a complete lunatic in a nice way!

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Good luck, Jiri.

One of my favourite albion players.

:albion2:

Last edited:

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
The lad works hard and puts in the effort. He just lacks natural ability

I love it when we (I include myself here fella, so don’t take umbrage) call professional footballers out by saying they lack natural ability, when clearly that is why they are professional footballers. If their not good enough for us or our standards it’s as if we are saying Joe Bloggs playing on the rec could do a job.

Ha

Good luck, Jiri

We all loved you, even NooBHA and good luck down The New Den, I see a perfect fit....

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I hope someone teaches him to stop trying to dribble past his full-back, as he doesn't have the ability. He needs to learn to make himself a yard and swing in a cross - play to his strengths. Beckham made an industry by doing that. I certainly wish him well, as he was a complete lunatic in a nice way!

Exactly how I saw him.

We met him after the Man U game last season & my son got a picture with him. Nice lad, slightly cuckoo, foot like a traction engine but, ultimately, too little pace & skill for the top, top level. Good luck Jiri.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Sock of Poskett

The best is yet to come (spoiler alert)
Jun 12, 2009
All the best Jiri - you had some great moments in an Albion shirt, and your eccentricity is first class. Hope you make a go of it with Millwall :thumbsup:

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton

Norwich, for Murray's header in the 5-0. Running full pelt down the line, halts, on his wrong foot, had about a 1foot square to aim at and got it bang on, perfectly between two defenders heads and just close enough to the goalie to make him commit. An unbelievable cross.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
...for Murray's header...had about a 1foot square to aim at and got it bang on, perfectly between two defenders heads and just close enough to the goalie to make him commit. An unbelievable cross.

This, word for word, could equally have been written to describe Pascal G's assist in the win over Arsenal.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
I liked Jiri - looked very promising during his first half season, with that wonderful goal; and then started OK in the promotion season before his form completely deserted him and he's never been able to regain it. Will always wonder what happened there/

Jimmy Grimble

Pocognoli for Knockaert against Wednesday is the one for me.

Great thread idea though - favourite Albion goal scored from a cross.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
He didn't always play as well as we hoped he would, but he has written himself into Albion folklore with his his goals v QPR & Charlton, and for being absolutely batshit insane. Love him

Good luck at Milwall, hope they embrace you as you deserve to be. Go get your career going.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
This, word for word, could equally have been written to describe Pascal G's assist in the win over Arsenal.

Also very good. But we expect it from Pascal, whereas people talk as if Skalak is one of the shittest players to ever play for us.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here