Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Atmosphere...

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I thought the atmosphere in west upper tonight was the best it has ever been. I’ve lost my voice!

This. I’m WSU and my voice is fvcked but the atmosphere around the whole ground was mental. Tonight we turned up, the players turned up and look what happened!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Absolutely outstanding tonight. Just got home and watching a few bits of the tv coverage (can’t think about going to sleep anyway)........just fantastic.

mothy

Dec 30, 2012
Atmosphere & noise was my 2nd fav of the amex era- top notch & how it should be- Friday night's help (also no excuse to run off early - a few too many half& halfs but oh well)

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Probably my best Albion night ever. When I watched us play our first game at Pissfilled I couldn't have dreamt I would see us beat the shitehouse club who robbed us of the FA cup, in the league, in the top tier, unless I'd been on the peyote. And I'm never on the peyote. Despite how it sometimes may seem.

Tears tonight. Not just me but also the big lads who sit near me. The great big soft shites.

We matched the side second in the PL, with 'nothing' to play for (except to earn their money doing their ****ing job and plunder some more league points, like they are supposed to do). We outplayed them, and without needing to go all 'batton down the hatches' a la the plucky Nigels, or Huddersfield 'we'll buy any player.com' town.

Classy, classy Brighton. I am very happy.

I cried a little when we beat Arsenal. A breakthrough result against top 6, plus those unexpected 3 points meant we were staying up IMO.

Tonight more a red hot glow for so many reasons. Not least outfighting a team of arrogant internationals, live on global TV.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
No no no. Some bell ends on here will tell you those idiots up the road with the 150 black hooded dick heads and a drum have it much better. They really really dont.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
No no no. Some bell ends on here will tell you those idiots up the road with the 150 black hooded dick heads and a drum have it much better. They really really dont.

The bloke who did that publicly goes by the name of Andy Naylor...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
tonight was incredible

a) players did not stand back in awe
b) fans made a lot of noise
c) at the end there were so many people still around wanting to enjoy thernight

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
It looked fricking amazing on the telly. Unfortunately I had no sound but I'm not taking the piss when I say the atmosphere looked awesome (PS I've not seen that Knocky flag before with his photo on and our little magician, it got quite a bit of airtime)

little-magician.png

oneillco

Feb 13, 2013
Sensational effort by the crowd tonight...so feckin' loud! There was a Manc on my train after claiming that the atmosphere at Old Trafford would be just as good if it only had a capacity of 35,000 because then it would only be real fans and they wouldn't have the additional "40,000 tourists and old gippers who don't know the words or can't be bothered to sing".

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
"Live round the corner" was one of the many highlights.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Strange I left the ground thinking that the atmosphere was somewhat subdued and put this down to the nervous feeling of being so close to our target and being absorbed in the game.

It was only when I got home and immediately played the game back did I pick up on the constant support for the team.

And whats with all this crying over a result. We've beaten Utd before at home it wasn't really a relegation survival miracle. No wonder we get called Southern Softies.

Big men don't cry.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Thought the southern Man Utd fans were some of the worse fans i've see at the Amex. Never made a sound and there were gaps in there end.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Strange I left the ground thinking that the atmosphere was somewhat subdued and put this down to the nervous feeling of being so close to our target and being absorbed in the game.

It was only when I got home and immediately played the game back did I pick up on the constant support for the team.

And whats with all this crying over a result. We've beaten Utd before at home it wasn't really a relegation survival miracle. No wonder we get called Southern Softies.

Big men don't cry.
Real men cry

crookie

Jun 14, 2013
Back in Sussex
Even the people either side of me who leave religiously on 83 and 85mins religiously stayed to applaud the players lap of honour. Brilliant to see so many staying and the atmosphere was superb. Shame I had to drive home as it looked like it was going to be a rocking night in the North Stand concourse

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
It's weird about the acoustics. I was in the Lower East next to the United fans and for most of the game they were all I could hear. I knew the North stand must have been putting in a shift because, like someone said about the Man U fans: I could see them moving, but the noise doesn't really carry to the southern end of the ground. That is NOT having a go, I've been in the North and and the northern end of the ground and I know how loud it can be when everybody's up for it (which they were last night), so it is just the way the sound travels from one end to the other.

However when the whole ground joined in it was deafening! Even in the family section people were singing, indeed it was gratifying and uplifting to see so many children standing on their seats yelling abuse at the United fans.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here