Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Player ratings vs Man Utd (Home)

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
He gave the defence confidence and made that well hit shot low into the corner of the goal look easier than it was. Wasted time well too and came off his line and out to the touch line sharply when a player would have been through. He was a part of the result.

Total already amended to a 7(for goal celebration). All the time the back four remain impenetrable, he remains redundant. It's not a bad thing, it's a reflection of the superb work the outfield players do

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Everyone was at least good enough. I'm not sure Ryan had any particularly troublesome shots to worry about, but the saves he had to make, he did. He was well protected by the defensive lines in front of him. Despite the people around me getting nervous, I thought it was quite a comfortable defensive display. Attacking line showed more of a threat than Man U, didn't seem intimidated by the opponents and it actually looked like Man U were scared of us at times, but clearly were tiring late in the game as we kept hitting it long and seeing the ball come right back.

Knockaert was a clear man of the match, though.

Also think Hughton deserves praise for his subs. Some of the people around us call on Hughton to make changes every game from the 47th minute on, "Hughton, do something!!" "Hughton, they're all over us, bring on another striker!" completely ignoring how the players on the pitch are doing the job. And they were today. Yeah, Man U saw a lot of the ball after we took the lead, but the players on the pitch were handling them, and making changes early for the sake of it would have been easy, but I think wrong (obviously with the benefit of hindsight, though I was thinking that at the time too). He made them when it was tactically smart to make them.

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
Bruno looked a class above. He can skin any opposition player with superb technique and ease. Also creates so much in our attacking play.

Matty Ryan was at least 5ft.8in tonight. Great performance.

Gross oozed class with his creativity. Some superb disguised passes and great one touch play. Kept things cool when in possession.

AK has proven he's technically a world beater. If he can maintain his attitude tonight in every performance, it's not far fetched to say he might eventually get considered for France.

Dunk was a rock tonight. That defensive header from Rashford's shot was Braveheart and Gladiator combined. I've seen many Prem defenders duck or turn their back on the ball when those bullet shots come flying straight at them. Dunk, on the other hand, gets his whole head behind it and makes a very good clearance. Fearless.

Last edited:

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
Ryan 8
Bruno 9
Duffy 9
Dunk 9
Bong 8
Knockaert 10 MOM (Scintillating performance)
Stephens 9
Pröpper 8
Izquierdo 9
(sub: March 88min n/a)
Groß 9
(sub: Kayal 84 7)
Murray 8
(sub: Ulloa 90+3 n/a)

Magnificent :rave::albion:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here