Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Mark Hughes - its not FAIR

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44006084

Southampton manager Mark Hughes is unhappy that relegation rivals Swansea have more recovery time ahead of their crucial meeting on Tuesday.

Swansea visit Bournemouth at 15:00 BST on Saturday, hours before the Saints face Everton at Goodison Park in a late kick-off (17:30).

Southampton are currently one point and one place below the Swans in 18th in the Premier League table. Hughes believes it would be "fairer" if both teams kicked off at the same time.

"They make the point on the last day of the season that everyone has to play at the same time, so maybe they should do that in the last two weeks of the season," said Hughes. "Maybe that would be slightly more fair. It's what the Premier League is and we accept sometimes it might not be as fair as it could be, but if you take the money you have to pay the price."

So Swansea will have a whole TWO AND A HALF HOURS more recovery time than Southampton between Saturday, and Tuesday night. Disgraceful.

I've also noticed that its only 202 miles from Swansea to Bournemouth, whereas Southampton to Liverpool is 237 miles. How can that extra travel be fair at this stage of the season ?

Its also forcasted to be a balmy 19 degrees in Bournemouth tomorrow, whereas in Liverpool it will be a distinctly more nippy 17 degrees. And darker.

Also, Bournemouth are only 11th in the table whilst Everton are all the way up in 8th, some TEN POINTS better off. So giving Southampton harder fixtures than Swansea at this stage of the season is supposedly "fair" is it ?

But as Hughes says, thats what the Premier League is. I wonder what other totally unfair advantages Swansea have over Southampton tomorrow.

SAC

May 21, 2014
All clubs should go into this weekend having played the same number of league games.

No point whining about it though.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
But as Hughes says, thats what the Premier League is. I wonder what other totally unfair advantages Swansea have over Southampton tomorrow.

not having Hughes as manager?

Napier

Jan 27, 2009
Devon
What an absolute knob. If it was a day or two, I could see his point, but two and a half hours........? What a fxxxwit.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
When you are on a £3m bonus to keep a side in the Premier League you will clutch at every straw

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
They will survive like i predicted a few weeks ago.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
not having Hughes as manager?

Given that half of all the teams below Southampton have also suffered this disadvantage this season, you might be on to something. Next year, to give everyone an equal chance, everyone outside the top six should have to be managed by Hughes for two games a season. As a further weighting measure, those in the top six get Pardew.

Nathan

Jan 8, 2010
It's also unfair as Southampton will have to travel to another country to play Swansea.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
All clubs should go into this weekend having played the same number of league games.

No point whining about it though.

Yes, let's ban the FA cup so those who are having to play extra games now, don't have to get embroiled in quarter finals against the more 'important' tea,s.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
That is one of the most pathetic pieces of managerial whinging I have ever read. Two and half hours! Really Mark?

Codner pharmaceuticals

Jun 17, 2009
Border Country
Hughes really needs to take some of the millions he’s earned by pretending to lead clubs and buy himself a nice mirror to take a long hard look at himself.

His MO is to blame everything and everyone else but himself - god bless Chris.

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
Really to be fair they should both play Liverpool at the same time.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
They will survive like i predicted a few weeks ago.

Really hope not, they won't be this bad again. Hudders and Swansea staying up will probably fill two relegation places for next season so would be best for us going forward.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here