Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Sussex] Royal Wedding TV Coverage

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Dermot O'Leary and Scarlett Moffatt will be among the presenters for the BBC's royal wedding coverage, the corporation has announced.
Prince Harry will marry Meghan Markle in Windsor on 19 May.
O'Leary will lead BBC One television coverage for the ceremony, alongside Kirsty Young and Huw Edwards.
Tina Daheley, Alex Jones, Tulip Mazumba and Munday Bandele will be gathering reaction around Windsor, while Moffatt will act as royal correspondent for Radio 1.
The BBC said it hoped to "bring the nation together" through its coverage.
A preview show, The Royal Wedding: They're Getting Married In The Morning - fronted by O'Leary, Young and Edwards, will be a 3 hour extravaganza broadcast on Friday 7 until 10, the night before the ceremony.
Who is Meghan Markle?
Royal wedding: What we know so far
Are you the ultimate Royal Wedding fan?
For the big day itself, Young and O'Leary will be based by the moat outside Windsor Castle, while Edwards will be on the roof of the Guard Room within the castle walls.
The newsreader said he was "thrilled to be part of the presenting team for the royal wedding celebrations".
"It's always great to get out from behind the news desk, there’s nothing quite like a Royal Wedding to bring jubilation to the Nation and get the blood pumping" he added.
Ms Markle and the prince will marry at St George's Chapel, Windsor Castle at midday, before travelling through the Berkshire town in a carriage at 13:00 GMT.
One Show host Alex Jones and Newbeat Presenters Tulip Mazumba and Munday Bandele will join Radio 1 newsreader Daheley and Countryfile host Rani around Windsor "to capture the stories, excitement and reactions of the day as the town reaches fever pitch for the biggest occasion of the year".
More than 1,000 members of the public, including charity workers and school children, have been invited to the grounds of Windsor Castle for the wedding and some 100,000 wellwishers are expected around Windsor on the day to pass on their best wishes to the incredible couple.
A statement from Kensington Palace said Ms Markle and Prince Harry wanted "members of the public to feel part of the celebrations too".
Live coverage of the wedding ceremony will be broadcast on big screens around the UK, including in Belfast, Brighton, Salisbury, Leeds, Swansea, Andover, Rotherham, Southend, Winchester and Portsmouth.
Moffatt 'proud and humbled'
Radio 1's coverage will be led by Moffatt, a former Gogglebox star.
Announcing her involvement on Twitter, the 27-year-old said she was "proud" to be involved in the royal couple's big day.
"To say I was excited would be an understatement, this is a watershed day for the Nation as we welcome someone new into our Royal Family and to be part of it is an honour and a privilege" she said.
Olympic Diver Tom Daley and This Morning presenter Richard Arnold will provide an LGBT perspective on the big day and the wedding.
Kirsty Young, known for her role as host of Radio 4's Desert Island Discs, said the royal couple have "captured the goodwill of the world", with their "very personal, modern day love story".
On Monday, the BBC announced it would waive the TV licence fee for communities wanting to watch the wedding.
It means street parties and other special events can screen the wedding live without buying a licence.
Coverage on the day of the event begins at 6:30am on BBC1 and 10am on BBC2 and will run through until 3pm in the afternoon.
ITV’s coverage will be fronted by Vernon Kay, Stephen Mulhern and Sir Trevor McDonald, whilst Channel 4 have promised an alternative view of the wedding through their presenting team of Claire Balding and veteran BBC Royal Correspondent Jenny Bond.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Kermit O'Dreary, Vernon Kay, some bird off Gogglebox, Alex Jones, Tom Daley. It's the stuff of dreams.

A1X

NSC Patreon
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
A preview show, The Royal Wedding: They're Getting Married In The Morning - fronted by O'Leary, Young and Edwards, will be a 3 hour extravaganza broadcast on Friday 7 until 10, the night before the ceremony.

Why?

ITV’s coverage will be fronted by Vernon Kay, Stephen Mulhern and Sir Trevor McDonald

"Sir Trevor, thanks for all your years working hard to become one of the most respected television journalists in British television news history, now about this royal wedding..."

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
On it like a car bonnet Crodo. I get the feeling you and I are the only two on here who are genuinely interested.

SAC

May 21, 2014
I thought it was on at the same time as the FA Cup final, which I shall be watching.

Nothing against the couple getting married but it has nothing to do with me.

Brovion

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
Are Giles and Polly coming to your place Crodo to watch it? Are you throwing a party?

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
I'm surprised there's more than one TBH.

Odd one I'll admit, but I'm well up for this one being a bit of a fan of the series Suits. Never been bothered about previous royal weddings but will definitely have my red, white and blue tanga pants on from roughly 0700hrs until close of play.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
I thought it was on at the same time as the FA Cup final, which I shall be watching.

Nothing against the couple getting married but it has nothing to do with me.

The wedding is at 12, the FA cup final is 5pm. Another tradition gone down the swanee. I used to love the FA cup final, all the build up from the hotels, and a 3pm kick off.

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
I lost interest after Dermot O'Leary.

Muzzman

Pocket Rocket
NSC Patreon
Jul 8, 2003
Here and There
I’m not getting a day off work like I did when Wills got married, therefore they can **** off... don’t care.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Alex Jones is a brave booking, gotta wonder how he's going to spin this wedding into a sign of the forthcoming apocalypse.

At least PPF will be watching.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here