Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Uwe returns home to Paderborn sv

Bucharest49

May 12, 2014
26344564-34DD-472D-AA62-F721ABC552A5.jpegUWE hunemeier returns back to Paderborn Sv..

Well what can I say Uwe will be really missed .a true gent and a friend to me since I first met him here on his first few months here .a great sportsmen and player .every time he came in he did great with effort and passion for the badge
Uwe looked after me with his friends when I went to see Paderborn Sv V Magdeburg FC.

I hope he has much success back with his Paderborn in the next few years and goes on to coach and manage back home in Germany.

And can spend time with his family .

Best of luck Uwe I thank you for all your friendship while you were at are beloved club .
FBB619AF-F2FC-43E0-9781-A64B0717E1F8.jpeg

https://www.facebook.com/meinSCP/posts/1630117720377179

Last edited:

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Was always on the cards, hero there, and they need to strengthen after promotion.

Best of luck, Uwe.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Not surprised in leaving as game time limited one who will be remembered well for his efforts with the Albion

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Too good a player to not be playing. Good luck Uwe you have been a fantastic part of this team, a quality player and a nice bloke.

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004
The way he seemlessly slotted into the team after Duffy's injury last year, was tremendous. Played a huge part in us going up after that debacle at Forest. Best of luck to the BFG.

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Top, top pro. Best of luck Uwe.

https://www.liga3-online.de/fuenfter-neuzugang-paderborn-holt-uwe-huenemeier-zurueck/

Google translate :

The SC Paderborn continues in quick succession: Four newcomers have already presented the Ostwestfalen in recent days, with Uwe Hünemeier now a new signing commitment. An unknown is the 32-year-old center-back in the blue-black not.

With the SCP in the Bundesliga

Already between 2013 and 2015 Hünemeier played for the SCP, rose with the Ostwestfalen 2014 captain in the Bundesliga, before he moved in August 2015 for 2.7 million euros to the English second division Brighton & Hove Albion and played in two years 26 games. In the summer of 2017 succeeded Hünemeier promotion to the Premier League, where he came in the season so far, however, only once used, so his expiring contract is not renewed. The way was clear for the return to Paderborn, on Friday he signed a contract until 2020.

"Exemplary Leaders"

Manager Markus Krösche, who was still on the pitch together with the 32-year-old in the 2013/14 season, speaks in a statement of an "extraordinary opportunity to inspire him again for Paderborn." With Hünemeier, Krösche continued, "we were able to win an exemplary leading player and important stabilizer outside of the field for our comparatively young team." The 32-year-old, who bought a house a few years ago with his family near Paderborn, "knows the club and the 2nd Bundesliga and will be very valuable for the new team after our return to this league", added the SCP manager.

37 first and 113 second division games

So far, the defender has played 71 times for SC Paderborn, including 32 Bundesliga games. Overall Hünemeier looks back on the experience of 37 Erst- and 113 second division games. After Sebastian Vasiliadis (VfR Aalen), Klaus Gjasula (Hallescher FC), Tobias Schwede and Julius Düker (both 1. FC Magdeburg) is the 32-year-old already the fifth new signing, a sixth announces himself with Luca Pfeiffer of regional league Stuttgarter Kickers.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patreon
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
I have his 'poppy' shirt, so thank you Uwe Doubt I will ever get into it mind!

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Sorry to see him go – a top professional who, at SO many other clubs, would walk into the starting 11.

On the plus side, it COULD mean there will be a upgraded replacement coming through and (based on not much at all) that Dunk isn't going anywhere in the summer...

jasetheace

Apr 13, 2011
If he remains in town, I hope there is a send off for the lad tonight. Rarely will someone with so little game time be remembered so fondly.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here