Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] More Dunk BS

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I think that it is a very fair assessment by Lawro and I think that if needed Brighton would offer him more money and I would be more worried if a top 6 London club came in for him., Which I dont think will happen As I have said many times he is worth more to us playing for us than any fee would bring in.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Lawro contradicts himself really though with “The bottom 10 teams in the league, if you’ve got a standout player, he’s going to attract attention from bigger teams". Maybe he hasn't realised West Ham are 15th.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Lawro contradicts himself really though with “The bottom 10 teams in the league, if you’ve got a standout player, he’s going to attract attention from bigger teams". Maybe he hasn't realised West Ham are 15th.

Indeed. But it's the same as Swindon fans mocking Greer for coming to us, isn't it? "Same division, sideways move" etc.

Would anyone genuinely argue that West Ham are a bigger club and almost certainly bigger payers?

The story goes that Dunk didn't move to Fulham in the end, despite being offered a fair bit more cash, because he didn't fancy having to get up earlier every morning to go to work. He got a contract renegotiation out of it, of course, but was still earning less than he could have picked up at Fulham.

I would think for Lewis Dunk now, it comes down to a move enhancing his England chances. Would West Ham do that? Maybe, but it feels quite marginal now given the state that club seems to be in generally.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Indeed. But it's the same as Swindon fans mocking Greer for coming to us, isn't it? "Same division, sideways move" etc.

Would anyone genuinely argue that West Ham are a bigger club and almost certainly bigger payers?

The story goes that Dunk didn't move to Fulham in the end, despite being offered a fair bit more cash, because he didn't fancy having to get up earlier every morning to go to work. He got a contract renegotiation out of it, of course, but was still earning less than he could have picked up at Fulham.

I would think for Lewis Dunk now, it comes down to a move enhancing his England chances. Would West Ham do that? Maybe, but it feels quite marginal now given the state that club seems to be in generally.

Agreed - can certainly see a top 6 move (or possibly one or two other clubs outside such as maybe Everton perhaps) but can't see him going to West Ham, particularly with the general unrest there.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey

Absolutely agree with this, except to say that rather than coming down to a move to enhance his England chances, I think it'll be down to which move gives him more chance of prolonging his chances of playing in this division whilst giving him first team football. It's too late for any move to impact his chances of going to the next World Cup, so surely his next move will have long term pragmatism in mind. I still think he might end up at Arsenal or Everton, which is the level that West Ham are merely aspiring to.

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
The bottom 10 teams in the league, if you’ve got a standout player, he’s going to attract attention from bigger teams...
Brighton are currently two points ahead of West Ham in the Premier League.

Says everything about the lazy f*cktards at the DailyStar pretending to be journalists.

Yes... LD will be a target for a number of clubs over the summer and I think we will struggle to hang on to him.
But why on earth would he move to a team who have struggled on and off the pitch so much this season?

McTavish

Nov 5, 2014
The bottom 10 teams in the league, if you’ve got a standout player, he’s going to attract attention from bigger teams...
Brighton are currently two points ahead of West Ham in the Premier League.

Says everything about the lazy f*cktards at the DailyStar pretending to be journalists.

Yes... LD will be a target for a number of clubs over the summer and I think we will struggle to hang on to him.
But why on earth would he move to a team who have struggled on and off the pitch so much this season?
To be fair, I think that is the journalists at the Star subtly pointing out that Lawrenson is talking out of his arse.

el punal

"Exclusive" - West Ham :lolol: no chance!

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/700340/Lewis-Dunk-Brighton-West-Ham-news-gossip

Lawrenson: "teams at that level". I don't think i've ever known such a disrespectful ex-player considering he had such a good career boost with us.

I’ve just read the article and I don’t find what Lawrenson says disrespectful at all. He’s right, we are at a certain level, as other teams are, say for example Swansea, Burnley, Bournemouth and really a lot of other clubs who are not “top six”. Probably what sticks in people’s craw is that it’s West Ham allegedly sniffing around. As they’re 2 points beneath us the irony is they could be the ones that get relegated - slim chance I know but that’s foobaa!

middletoenail

Jul 2, 2008
Hong Kong
i would like to hope a local lad would value playing for his home team, with large pay cheque, over a bigger pay cheque at a mid table team.
He might be local, but doesn't he 'support' Chelsea? Aside from living locally, I doubt be gives a sh1te about Brighton, should a big offer come in - I don't blame him for that. I know for sure I wouldn't from a professional perspective!

Let's not pretend that he is die hard Brighton, after the Fulham debacle a few years ago.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
The West Ham interest is at least a week old (if not before). If we stay up, it is unlikely Dunk would go to West Ham except for silly wages. WHU are bigger than us, but still not very big. If we go down is another thing entirely.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
Ha Ha, He's not even in the Stars Top Ten. Dunky must be rubbish...............No wait he's probably in the goalscorers list.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here