Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Manchester United *** Official Match Thread ***

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
I don't feel like this at all.........absolutely buzzing for it. Last home game after a superb season (exceeding most expectations) and most importantly chance of a result and guaranteed safety, and I do love a Friday night game too. Hope the atmosphere is fizzing - although if plenty have your slightly downbeat view it may not be.........

Absolutely buzzing too, who wouldn't be on a glorious day like this? My initial disappointment at losing the Saturday game has gone, early departure from work secured, get back to Brighton asap and then let's have it! This is going to be a belter!

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
I was glad to hear from Murray how the players from last season are still smarting at how we finished the campaign. This more than anything I think will work in our favour tonight and for the remaining games after. A point is definitely a possibility tonight, three points would be fantastic and I would LOVE for us to get one over on Man Utd and their army of cocky armchair 'supporters' (the ones who go to games are usually decent value). So, as Sheebo said, 5-1 to them it is :)

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
As a kid growing up in the 1990s when these guys were THE biggest team in England, I genuinely never thought I'd see this day come.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
They won't be able to handle Gross's pace now he's discovered under armour and lightweight boots , Dunk will score a worldy and Propper will introduce himself to the goal stats with a cheeky chip 2-0 .

Told you about that wakkybakky before , leave it :)

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
United have some good players and they're higher in the table than Chelsea, Spurs and Liverpool but have somehow lost that aura of invincibility that they once had. I don't fear them and think/hope we can give them a hard game tonight. We should be able to pick our strongest team which helps.

Man United.....we wunt be druv!

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Can't understand anyone not being bang up for tonight's game;

• Lovely weather - that late season feeling, going into a World Cup summer as well.
  • Last home game of the season, our first Prem season.
  • We look likely to stay up, and best case scenario we could even confirm it tonight.
  • No expectations - nothing to lose.

:albion:

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Can't understand anyone not being bang up for tonight's game;

• Lovely weather - that late season feeling, going into a World Cup summer as well.
  • Last home game of the season, our first Prem season.
  • We look likely to stay up, and best case scenario we could even confirm it tonight.
  • No expectations - nothing to lose.

:albion:

...and chicken balti pies I think ?:bowdown:

Worth noting the obituary sequence will be on the big screens at 7.30pm.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
I don't feel like this at all.........absolutely buzzing for it. Last home game after a superb season (exceeding most expectations) and most importantly chance of a result and guaranteed safety, and I do love a Friday night game too. Hope the atmosphere is fizzing - although if plenty have your slightly downbeat view it may not be.........

Don't get me wrong, I'm up for it. The singing will be loud and proud. It's just that after 35 games it does seem like just another game.
To be honest, I'm putting more effort into the post match £3 pint drinking challenge.
But once I get to the ground my attitude will change.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
My last night in Cambodia tonight. Gonna be a late one but hopefully worth it!

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
They won't be able to handle Gross's pace now he's discovered under armour and lightweight boots , Dunk will score a worldy and Propper will introduce himself to the goal stats with a cheeky chip 2-0 .
Wasn't thinking about this one at all but had a vivid dream that March scores the first and a late second sealed a 2-0 win with the chaos resulting meaning I couldn't work out who got the second

Off to the bookies

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Wasn't thinking about this one at all but had a vivid dream that March scores the first and a late second sealed a 2-0 win with the chaos resulting meaning I couldn't work out who got the second

Off to the bookies

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

March won't start, so two late ones then :wink:

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
My mates friend owns the Lebanese restaurant in town and apparently a load of the Man U players were in there last night at about 11pm eating & drinking...lets hope they're taking this trip to "its only Brighton" lightly & have stuffed themselves silly with falafels, kebabs and beer!

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
As for the placards for shirts, rather than say don't have them how about every kid in the ground has one for every Albion player.

Got mine ready for tonight :thumbsup:

pogba.JPG

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
My mates friend owns the Lebanese restaurant in town and apparently a load of the Man U players were in there last night at about 11pm eating & drinking...lets hope they're taking this trip to "its only Brighton" lightly & have stuffed themselves silly with falafels, kebabs and beer!

Which restaurant out of interest?

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
If ever there was a game that suited Knockaert and Jose (and possibly Locadia) where they would be totally up for it and turn it on, a spring evening at home to Man Utd, under floodlights and on TV would be it. I am really excited about tonight, think it could be quite a special occasion.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here