Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Manchester United *** Official Match Thread ***

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
You can be second, and even win the cup, without being a complete knob factory about it.
The stench of entrenched entitlement coming off of that lot is overpowering.

I certainly hope pride still goeth before a fall.

To be fair, I've had a look art that forum and they're very complimentary about us. Their team were garbage tonight, you can blame them for letting of a bit of steam

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
To be fair, I've had a look art that forum and they're very complimentary about us. Their team were garbage tonight, you can blame them for letting of a bit of steam

Absolutely. They’re second - second ! - in the PL and have just been pretty soundly outplayed by a bunch of newbies who were nailed-on relegation candidates at the start of the season. Let them whinge, because they were frankly pretty crap. Our boys simply wanted it more and played as a team. It’s hilarious.

Bob'n'weave

Nov 18, 2016
Nr Lewes
Absolutely. They’re second - second ! - in the PL and have just been pretty soundly outplayed by a bunch of newbies who were nailed-on relegation candidates at the start of the season. Let them whinge, because they were frankly pretty crap. Our boys simply wanted it more and played as a team. It’s hilarious.

This with Big Ben on.

We didn't let them play. Never seen so many Albion players hassling for the ball in their half. We ****ing owned the bitches!!!! ****ing epic night. I love this club. :albion2:
:rave::rave::rave::rave::rave::rave::rave::rave::rave::rave::rave::rave::rave::rave::rave::rave::rave::rave::rave::rave::rave::rave::rave::rave::rave::rave::rave::rave::rave::rave::rave:

dibsy

Jul 26, 2004
Shoreham By Sea
We did press tonight more than usual I thought. But other than rashford and de gea, utd were very average. I think pretty much all the credit has to go to Chris. Fab season, bring on the Europa league ��

Tesco in Disguise

Where do we go from here?
Jul 5, 2003
Wienerville
SSN for the past 2 hours has been almost wall to wall ManU autopsy, with little mention of us.

I don't mind this at all. The self proclaimed largest club in the world, in a crisis due to little old Albion.

We have a habit of causing these: McLaren @ Derby, Bilic at West Ham.
Super Sport was all Albion praise. Gave us all the credit first, then moved on to Phil Neville slating the Reds.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

It may be the last time we see live Martial, Darmian, Rojo, Fellaini and Shaw.

Mourinho not holding back in his message to the Board/fans, that a severe cull is coming.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
It may be the last time we see live Martial, Darmian, Rojo, Fellaini and Shaw.

Mourinho not holding back in his message to the Board/fans, that a severe cull is coming.

Remarkable interview post-match..........came as close as he could to saying they were all crap.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
What a mental night!!!

It's 4am over here and I've just got back from the sports bar where I regularly watch all the Premier League action. But tonight was very special.

35 years ago, I stood on the Wembley terraces and saw Albion come within a whisker of beating Manchester United.

Tonight, we did it. The die-hard United fans in the bar said that we deserved the win. Credit to them for that. They were right.

This is for all the Albion fans on NSC at home and the many of us scattered around the world.

So on behalf of all of us in Dubai, from me on the right and Mark on the left, "ALBION!!!....ALBION!!!" (repeat ad infinitum)

Albion!!.jpg

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
Now back home and nursing a crafty wine before bed. What a night! One of those wonderful, monumental Amex nights that don't just come along every other week. While the volume wasn't quite Sheffield Wednesday :)lol:) standard it was solid all night long. Props to the North Stand for leading the line and us up in WSL joined in merrily if totally out of synch.

And then there was what was happening on the pitch. Our boys played like absolute lions tonight. I'm struggling to think of anybody that looked seriously under par. Everywhere you looked there was fight and bucketloads of desire. Knocky has frustrated me no end this season but he made me fall in love with him all over again tonight. He just wanted the result so badly. Bruno is still chock full of lovely little touches. Stephens calmly broke up play and moved ours along. Izquierdo's chances were slightly limited but what he did tormented the United defence. Dunk was just Dunky perfection. And so on and so forth. All over the pitch. I'm so damned proud of the team tonight.

One other oddity that proved to be a joy too. I've complained long and hard this season about VAR robbing supporters of that immediate rush that comes with a goal. I assume tonight must have been the first time we've been awarded a goal after a goal line technology intervention. Despite not getting the initial rush the subsequent thrill when the ref pointed to the centre circle seemed even better. Perhaps it was that sense of justice. I don't know. All I do know is that it was the icing on the cake.

So now we get to do it all over again next season. Can't wait. Think I'll take the iPad up to bed now and read every match report I can find.

Last edited:

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
early pints till 12 ....no chance ....early night and get yerself up about 2.30......!! not gonna happen is it...!!

Hehe, got a bit pissed and crashed, going to read the match thread now and watch the replay, maybe I should sleep through the next two games as well !

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
I'm not sure what the time difference between aus and japan is but if the game is on in the middle of the night like it is here(4a.m) then I fully recommend going to bed as usual and then watching the full match replay tomorrow morning. It's what I'll be doing and have done for all the midweek games.

It's the best thing about the premier league for us fans half a world away.

Yep, going to watch replay now, lunch time kick offs on Sat or Sun are a dream here.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
dragged myself out of bed to watch it.....glad i did.....!! going for lunchtime beers , hunting for united fans to mock then out on the lash in fremantle with a wolves pal should be a good day , might get on the news.....:)

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
Just finished reading this thread and am all teared up, can't wait to watch the replay.
What a great club with proper fans playing good football.......when it matters anyway.
Above Palarse too which is always a result.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
dragged myself out of bed to watch it.....glad i did.....!! going for lunchtime beers , hunting for united fans to mock then out on the lash in fremantle with a wolves pal should be a good day , might get on the news.....:)

A starfish found dead on the beach would make the news here, hehe.
I might be in the Sail and Anchor later.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here