Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Sussex] Man Utd Eve

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Disappointed it's on a Friday night as will forego our traditional last game of the season full English at Bills in Lewes. Will have to substitute it for their evening menu!!!

As for Utd, been fortunate to get to the two away games and they're no great shakes. We are where we deserve to be and hoping for a least a point.

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
Leave work early tomorrow, get on the train with a few beers, meet my brother in town for a few more, get into the stadium and meet my other brother and step dad. Few more beers catching up with people I've met through the Albion. The making of a good night out, then there's the excitement of the football.

Swan at five :drink:

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Seriously disappointed that it's the last home game of the season. (And there's been a good few seasons that I've looked forward to the summer break) :smile:

Foul Play Rocks

Feb 23, 2013
I’m a fairly excited 6 as I think we may nick a win tomorrow night.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
To be honest this is what all the goldstone,marches, abseiling lesbians, FA bollocks, swampy, gillingham, Withdean, atilla, FG, Storer69, NMH, bozza, nazi mods, London pompous, brexit loonies, remoaning looneys, REMF heros, Sarah , tony, Vern, all the other fans who are not here to see this night.

This is all about them....this is why! MAnchester United at home in the last home game of the season where we have acquitted ourselves with aplomb and this is the icing on the cake. The most famous club in the world playing in Brighton and we are expecting to match them and with a bit of luck we could beat them.

Who would have believed it when we were running out at canvey island at the arse end of Essex that in not that many years, we would have a fantastic stadium, a fantastic team, a fantastic manager and one that can compete at the very highest level of the English game.....

It is really something folks!

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Been quite a journey hasn’t it? To finish the season with the last three games being Man Utd, Man City and Liverpool would have been unheard of a few years back - in fact if anyone had predicted it they would have been considered funny farm material.

So What was wrong with Cambridge, Doncaster and Hereford at the end of 96/97 season?

Simon Morgan

Oct 30, 2004
Oxford
Been a 10 for most of the week and I'm not even going! If we play like we did against Spurs I think we'll win. Very proud of this team and everything they've done this season, it would be so very sweet to be mathematically safe tomorrow night.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
To be honest this is what all the goldstone,marches, abseiling lesbians, FA bollocks, swampy, gillingham, Withdean, atilla, FG, Storer69, NMH, bozza, nazi mods, London pompous, brexit loonies, remoaning looneys, REMF heros, Sarah , tony, Vern, all the other fans who are not here to see this night.

This is all about them....this is why! MAnchester United at home in the last home game of the season where we have acquitted ourselves with aplomb and this is the icing on the cake. The most famous club in the world playing in Brighton and we are expecting to match them and with a bit of luck we could beat them.

Who would have believed it when we were running out at canvey island at the arse end of Essex that in not that many years, we would have a fantastic stadium, a fantastic team, a fantastic manager and one that can compete at the very highest level of the English game.....

A thumb is not enough :thumbsup:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

This.The only club I really dislike owing to their cheating us out of the FA cup. With apologies to John Cooper Clark, ManU may be the biggest club in the world, but they stink to high heaven. I hope we crush them tomorrow. The dirty, dirty ********.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Just made me cry [emoji22]

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Not as excited as I would have expected to be if Fergie was still their manager. United are efficient but have lost that United attacking flair under Mourinho. A team that grinds our results and not very entertaining to watch. I’d be far more excited if it was Liverpool or City tbh. Oh hang on....

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
As it's the only Premier League game being played and it's against Man United I would imagine that it will be a record global audience for watching a Brighton game.

It's a decent weather forecast, I can spend the day having a couple of Harveys at the County Ground watching Sussex v Middlesex with friends, and then jump on a bus and go and see Mourinho get a footballing lesson from the 'experts' pre-season tip for relegation.

Marvellous!

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
Bloody properly excited. It's been a garbage week at work. Wrap at tomorrow at 3 in Uxbridge and then a shimmy around the M25 for a hard earned bit of Albion time. Can't wait. Brighton v Manchester United. Many of us on here can remember a time when such a fixture sounded laughable.

jabba

Jul 15, 2009
York
Revenge for 1983 cup final long overdue. i don't anticipate a 4-0 but a nice 2-1 win is not beyond the realms of possibility.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here