Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] A very humbling experience (childbirth)

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
On Tuesday evening at precisely 8:54pm, Mrs DFP gave birth to our first child, a little boy weighing 6lbs15. As yet his name is still undecided.
Quite simply, I have never witnessed anything like it. The will, determination and courage she displayed rendered me speechless, and paralysed with emotion. I was full of tears well before he arrived as my good lady battled on without any pain relief whatsoever :eek: I do not know how they do it. Truly incredible.

Massive congratulations.

My first grandchild was born on 29/4/18 (Sunday)
The best 'day before my birthday' presents I've ever had.

Arthur David is doing very well, as is his mum.

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!
I’m working on it, but I’m not sure if she’ll allow Friday night and Saturday morning football :eek:

Explain that watching isn't the same as playing, and each event should be looked upon individually, so you will be attending two completely different events, hence diluting the impact of your absences. Or, take your boots with you tomorrow and go straight over the road to where we play immediately after the Man U game. You could sleep under the stars and get a thorough warm up before the rest of us arrive. This is clearly just one event, so you should get away with it?!!

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Explain that watching isn't the same as playing, and each event should be looked upon individually, so you will be attending two completely different events, hence diluting the impact of your absences. Or, take your boots with you tomorrow and go straight over the road to where we play immediately after the Man U game. You could sleep under the stars and get a thorough warm up before the rest of us arrive. This is clearly just one event, so you should get away with it?!!

It’s a decent sales pitch, Graeme, but you and me both know if I warm up for that long I’ll suffer multiple injuries :lol:

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Congrats :thumbsup:

You taking him to the game tomorrow?

Bob'n'weave

Nov 18, 2016
Nr Lewes
Congrats to you and yours.

Quite an experience being at 'the business end' of childbirth, well done mate. We are sort of like Vietnam vets, you have no idea of the carnage unless you've been there!

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017
On Tuesday evening at precisely 8:54pm, Mrs DFP gave birth to our first child, a little boy weighing 6lbs15. As yet his name is still undecided.
Quite simply, I have never witnessed anything like it. The will, determination and courage she displayed rendered me speechless, and paralysed with emotion. I was full of tears well before he arrived as my good lady battled on without any pain relief whatsoever :eek: I do not know how they do it. Truly incredible.

Congratulations! Agree completely. My son was born 11 months ago. It really is brutal at times watching them go through all that. Medieval!

Withdean and I

Aug 6, 2003
What a truly wonderful topic to wake up to at the top of the big board this morning.
NSC at its best....I don’t have a clue who you are in real life but we are all joined by the bonds of this club and board and it’s awesome to read of such good news.
Congratulations to you guys and I wish you well on the most amazing journey of parenthood. It can be tough at times, but it’s also the most magical, fun and rewarding thing in life!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here