Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Biggest FLOP of the season?

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Solly March

I don't think he's done badly but now he's in a division where full-backs are just trying to kick him off the pitch every week I thought he might do better, but if anything it's shown up his weaknesses. Still think he'll come good but I expected more.

The Gem

Oct 17, 2008
I was asked this today for a place I write a few words for now and again.

I had to go for Knockaert, but I was at pains to highlight that he'd not been a flop in the absolute sense, but had probably failed to live up to our and, probably, his own hopes for the season.

The only other possibility I could think of was Jurgen Locadia, but he arrived injured and has barely had a chance. I think we all thought we'd see more of him though.

Have I forgotten someone?

Solly March all day long

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Get rid of the word flop and then this is an interesting thread. Why ? Not because I’m scared of labelling one of our players that but because we simply haven’t had a flop.
Our Colombian friend looked that for a while but has come good although he still needs to jump to the next level and I think he will. Hopefully a Locadia follows suit. Impossible to judge him yet for so many reasons. Sutner was ok. Not brilliant but ok. We all expected a tad more from March and Lokky is the one player who hasn’t stepped up to the next level when everyone would have bet their money he could........ tbc though. Not a flop in the match days squads in my opinion.
Ulloa has had no chances to squander and if you think he is goin* to start chasing and clattering centre halves then you have forgotten how he plays and he hasn’t found Things easy on the scraps he has been fed. Held it up decent enough tho.
Oh and I’d want Propper straight back tomorrow although Kayal might feel he’s done enough for a start. So there you have it.

UTA

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
Hemed looking painfully slow against Man City doesn't look half as bad now as it did then. Overall, it's really difficult to find bad players this year. The team has been superb.

Hemed for me has been one of our more important players over the whole season, lest we forget. I wish him tremendously well

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
ps) I'm slightly in agreement with Large One on the Gross front. Great on the ball, fantastic runner, but imagine what he would be if he had pace. I wonder at what stage he will get replaced by a faster player who is as good on the ball. I guess that is why the big clubs didn't look at him and it's probably why he won't ever leave for a bigger club. I still believe we have the slowest forward front 2 we have ever had, but learning to use Izquierdo's pace to compensate has turned our season.
Wow you don't want much for 3 million

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
ps) I'm slightly in agreement with Large One on the Gross front. Great on the ball, fantastic runner, but imagine what he would be if he had pace. I wonder at what stage he will get replaced by a faster player who is as good on the ball. I guess that is why the big clubs didn't look at him and it's probably why he won't ever leave for a bigger club. I still believe we have the slowest forward front 2 we have ever had, but learning to use Izquierdo's pace to compensate has turned our season.
Pascal the Great got a very well deserved player of the season award. Fantastic player.

:albion2:

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I don't think we've had a flop, and that's despite being in the "oh shit we're nowhere near good enough" camp at the start of the season. I tend to agree with [MENTION=24827]Justice[/MENTION] that when AK plays well the team looks a lot more dangerous and he's done it this season, just not to the extent that he could in the Championship. Izzy Brown? Injured at just the wrong time. Looked disinterested at times but there was one game towards the end - I forget against who - where he looked the only player on the team who could cross the ball (something that Solly and AK aren't that great at if we're honest). I was worried about Ryan, wrongly. Ended up voting for him as player of the season. Suttner? Bong has been so good that he's been kept out but he's a decent footballer who contributed early on in the season. Locadia? I expect him to come good next season and see him as a long term investment. The bottom line is that we are not mathematically safe but we have already performed ahead of expectations. For that reason alone I don't believe we're carrying a single flop.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here