Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Biggest FLOP of the season?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I was asked this today for a place I write a few words for now and again.

I had to go for Knockaert, but I was at pains to highlight that he'd not been a flop in the absolute sense, but had probably failed to live up to our and, probably, his own hopes for the season.

The only other possibility I could think of was Jurgen Locadia, but he arrived injured and has barely had a chance. I think we all thought we'd see more of him though.

Have I forgotten someone?

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
I get asked to write a few words now and then, and do guest podcast slots.

If anyone had asked me that, I'd tell them to sod off. Not besmirching any players at this club for no good reason - and certainly not for the entertainment of other clubs' fans.

The Upper Library

May 23, 2013
I get asked to write a few words now and then, and do guest podcast slots.

If anyone had asked me that, I'd tell them to sod off. Not besmirching any players at this club for no good reason - and certainly not for the entertainment of other clubs' fans.

Absolutely this!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014
If the flop of the season relates to players newly signed then Soufyan Ahannach? Maybe not signed with the intention of going straight into our first team squad but we seemed keen to ship him off back to the Netherlands and it does seem that his chances of breaking through with us have shortened.

Harsh to criticise / level any of our regulars a flop even if they have gone through a bad patch. It's been a big step up and adjustment for all of them.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Lua Lua.

Didn't make the 25, sent back from loan at QPR, failed at Sunderland after being shipped out.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Knockhaert? we only win when he plays. Probably had his best games against Man Utd away Arsenal and Spurs at home. idiotic choice if you ask me. Didn't he put the ball in for Murray at Swansea 3 valuable points. Also had decent game oh and scored in the home fixture. One player who loves playing football for our club and you think he's a flop.. ok then

Last edited:

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
I can only think of Izzy Brown.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
I can only think of Izzy Brown.

Really ? Got injured fairly early and no transfer fee involved. I wouldn't say he was the biggest flop

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
Biggest FLOP is a bit harsh on any of our players if that was words of the request
2 players I would have expected/hoped to be more prolific in the step up to the prem might be Knocky and March
(on the flip side Schelloto, who I rated, and Bong have been nice surprises and exceeded my expectations)

The biggest let downs for me is that my weekly 1GBP scorecast on 1-0 with Dunk or Duffy never came to fruition once (yet), that was to me as dead cert a bet at least once this season, as sure as a Mcshane 89 flutter

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
None of our players deserve to be in the same room as the word flop.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Flop ? Knockaert - absolutely no way for me. That is incredibly harsh. We’ve looked our best when he’s been on his game and we miss him when he’s not. Just because he hasn’t torn the division up like last season does this mean he’s flopped ? Expectations were too high.....was never going to happen. Wow.

Agree with some other posters - being asked to name ‘biggest flop’ would probably have elicited a response of “something off” from me......there really haven’t been any. Maybe a few that haven’t delivered as much as they might have (March, Ulloa perhaps although the latter has had very limited opportunity) but to describe any of the squad as a flop this season given the step up is going too far.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
To describe any of our players as a ‘flop’ this season would be harsh.

It’s been a step up for most and those that have played at this level before have only limited experience.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here