Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Jay Rodriquez - would you boo him?

Would you boo Jay Rodriquez?

• Boo

Votes: 78 31.8%
  • Not boo

Votes: 167 68.2%

• Total voters

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Why would we? It was unproven!

Let's not play the Burnley victims here

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
As much as JR has come across as a bellend, it would be unfair to class him as guilty of racist abuse when there was not enough evidence to prove that this was probably the case.

M'Lud. Burnley almost to a man on Saturday booed a black person who had made a racist complaint, and especially because the aforementioned black person didn't shut up about it quickly enough, thus showing themselves to indeed be a 'town full of racists'. Jay Rodriguez is from Burnley, ergo Jay Rodriguez is a racist. I rest my case.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Huge amounts of virtue signalling voting going on here.

In real time at the Amex, there is absolutely no chance that Jay Rodriguez would NOT not be booed. And rightly so.

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
Huge amounts of virtue signalling voting going on here.

In real time at the Amex, there is absolutely no chance that Jay Rodriguez would NOT not be booed. And rightly so.

You're probably right there. I might boo him just for having a rubbish hair cut, just the once or twice mind.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
If fans boo JR, then BHA fans will be viewed to be booing JR for being racist, despite this not being proven
No, if I boo him it will be because I don't like the way he's behaved. You can't categorically determine the reason for every single fan booing.

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003
No, if I boo him it will be because I don't like the way he's behaved. You can't categorically determine the reason for every single fan booing.

It didn't say the reason why you would boo - my belief is that Brighton fans as a whole will be viewed to have booed JR on the basis that he is racist. If you are thinking logically, then of course you can't categorically determine the reason for every single fan booing, but logic or sensible consideration won't come into it.

Plus, my personal feelings, as I've said, are that it wouldn't be right anyway. Burnley fans weren't right to boo Bong given the context of the situation, and I don't think Brighton fans would be right to boo JR given the context of the situation, irrespective of individual motivations for doing so.

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
One aspect of this that has not been discussed is that his actions were in the same week as Trump made those outrageous comments about S holes in Africa and I wonder if this had sub-consciously made it into Jay's conscious? And out it came... It does happen. I am not defending it. Footballers can be socially inept at times...

Have you somehow made this whole saga Trumps fault? That is ****ing amazing and really sums up the utter mentalness of the anti Trump brigade.

jasetheace

Apr 13, 2011
Have you somehow made this whole saga Trumps fault? That is ****ing amazing and really sums up the utter mentalness of the anti Trump brigade.

Nope (and btw he looks to have done a job of sorts with the North Koreans). Just merely wondering if actions and words elsewhere can somehow seep into the sub-conscious and have ramifications somewhere down the line..

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
If Burnley receive some form of sanction under respect (not suggesting they should but they might) - may be worth keeping quiet.

I'd imagine what will be more appropriate is booing Burnley players every time they touch the ball.

Actually - just single out one and do it for 90 mins.

( I won't be joining in )

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
Hope you'll join in with a hearty 'WANKER! WANKER!' for good measure. That'll teach him! :thumbsup:

I might be tempted but that particular chant I always struggle to deliver without starting to laugh, which then inevitably tails off into an unsightly coughing fit.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
I only ever boo linos. I can't stand them. Why do they always wait for the ref to tell them which way he's going to give a throw in before flagging? Make your own mind up you toadies.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here