Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Man City.......which Worthing pub?

brighton terra

Dec 5, 2008
Worthing
Due to work commitments I won’t be able to get to the City game. Having recently moved to Worthing I was wondering which pub is the best for Albion games. Many moons ago I used to go to The Warwick. Is there anywhere better in the town centre?

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Warwick or Vintners
Broadwater if you are close there but it is due to shut for a refurb soon but think it’s after this weekend

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
The Valley Bar, Findon. Obvs.

What a hole that is.

"Situated in a row of shops in a converted estate agents, the valley bar offers views of the road and has a limited atmosphere and menu"

Crisps and snacks are available from the adjacent Tesco Express.

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
What a hole that is.

"Situated in a row of shops in a converted estate agents, the valley bar offers views of the road and has a limited atmosphere and menu"

The view from the Brooksteed isn't much better but they have good beer. What do they have at the Valley Bar?

dazzer6666

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Due to work commitments I won’t be able to get to the City game. Having recently moved to Worthing I was wondering which pub is the best for Albion games. Many moons ago I used to go to The Warwick. Is there anywhere better in the town centre?

Unless there is one with a dodgy stream, I don't think the game is being televised in the UK. Not on Sky or BT.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Oops ignore my suggestions, I read it as Man Utd not Man City

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
What a hole that is.

The OP is wanting to watch the football not be a pub connoisseur. If you were going to go for the beer I could understand but to watch a football match anything is acceptable. I would however agree that it is not the best of places to drink in.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
What a hole that is.

Don’t get me wrong - it may not be the venue I’d choose for all occasions but when the Albion are playing away from home, it’s rammed with a fantastic partisan atmosphere.

There’s a framed Albion shirt on the wall and two big flags outside.

Oh and they do crisps too.

What more could you want?

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Don’t get me wrong - it may not be the venue I’d choose for all occasions but when the Albion are playing away from home, it’s rammed with a fantastic partisan atmosphere.

There’s a framed Albion shirt on the wall and two big flags outside.

Oh and they do crisps too.

What more could you want?

Really? Must admit it's been years since I went in there. If it's Albion friendly, fair enough.

My sister lives in Findon and, when my dad was alive, I'd sometimes go in with him.

I just remember it being gloomy and boring.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here