Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Brighton] UBER Licence Revoked in Brighton and Hove

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
News that might upset [MENTION=409]Herr Tubthumper[/MENTION] ....... Uber have just had their B&H licence renewed by a Judge for five years. Local firm rep Steve McNamara isn't happy :lol:

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
To be fair, I have never had an issue , neither have my girls, with uber. In fact in the US they were brilliant.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
I don't know why taxis don't just copy ubers app, I might start using them again if they did

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Herr Tubthumper

Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
News that might upset [MENTION=409]Herr Tubthumper[/MENTION] ....... Uber have just had their B&H licence renewed by a Judge for five years. Local firm rep Steve McNamara isn't happy :lol:

They won’t be getting my business. Solidarity with proper taxis!

Herr Tubthumper

Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I don't know why taxis don't just copy ubers

What, are you suggesting they speak with poor to non-existent English and try it on with the passengers?

Westdene Seagull

Oct 27, 2003
To be fair, I have never had an issue , neither have my girls, with uber. In fact in the US they were brilliant.

I don't know whether you've spotted the option yet but on the Uber app you can now pay for a family members fare if they get stuck somewhere and track them in the Uber. Gives myself and Mrs W peace of mind when Miss W is out.

Westdene Seagull

Oct 27, 2003

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton

The way that you go on about HT suggests he’s a busybody expat who has too much to say about things that don’t really affect him?

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004
Great news. For someone who lives the other side of the downs, Uber is FAR cheaper than a regular cab.
Competition is healthy and keeps and industry honest!

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Bar one key element ..... the fare estimate ..... bit of an own goal there !

I have now used Uber a couple of times but I think I'll reserve for emergencies. The big advantage in calling for a cab is that you can get an estimated time of arrival and can decline it. With Uber, you don't get an estimated time until after you've booked it and then have to pay a cancellation charge if you decide the wait is too long - as I found out this week.

Westdene Seagull

Oct 27, 2003
I have now used Uber a couple of times but I think I'll reserve for emergencies. The big advantage in calling for a cab is that you can get an estimated time of arrival and can decline it. With Uber, you don't get an estimated time until after you've booked it and then have to pay a cancellation charge if you decide the wait is too long - as I found out this week.

I've had that issue a couple of times and claimed the charge back via the app with no arguments from Uber.

Herr Tubthumper

Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
The way that you go on about HT suggests he’s a busybody expat who has too much to say about things that don’t really affect him?

I use taxis quite regularly though.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
After trying to use taxis in East St to get to Hassocks. Were quoted £40/45 by 2 drivers. Used Uber £25

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here