Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Win on Friday and we're safe

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Is it possible?

A loss or even a draw still leaves us deep in it given that we will almost certainly lose the last two games and suffer a hit to our GD.

So do we have the capability of winning - will CH be positive and bold enough to take a few risks knowing this is our big chance to ensure survival? We played very well in the two games at Old Trafford. Maybe we will get a bit of luck this time...

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
I predicted we would get a result against Spurs and Burnley. Our next two fixtures will sadly be defeats but i'm predicting a result at Liverpool.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patreon
Jul 10, 2003
I predicted we would get a result against Spurs and Burnley. Our next two fixtures will sadly be defeats but i'm predicting a result at Liverpool.

Mystic-Meg-001.jpg

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Can't stand these defeatist threads, read the same shit before Spurs game. Have some faith in your team ffs. We can get a result Friday Huddersfield and West Brom beat them no reason why we can't.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
I've had a good feeing about this game for ages, I think we can do it. We've played United twice already and have competed well on both occasions. The players should not be intimidated by this game at all. The last two performances should give us the confidence to push on and try secure our safety Friday night.

KingKev

Jun 16, 2011
Hove (actually)
Even if we were to lose on Friday, we could still be safe by 7.30 pm on Saturday. Home wins for Cherries and Toffees will do it.
I’m looking forward to Friday though; I think we’ll give it a good go and any of the 3 outcomes are possible...

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
Kick off at 3am here, if I can stay awake long enough...............beer permitting.
If only it were a lunchtime kickoff on Saturday or Sunday.
Though we do seem to get results when I miss games.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Is it possible?

A loss or even a draw still leaves us deep in it given that we will almost certainly lose the last two games and suffer a hit to our GD.

So do we have the capability of winning - will CH be positive and bold enough to take a few risks knowing this is our big chance to ensure survival? We played very well in the two games at Old Trafford. Maybe we will get a bit of luck this time...

A draw really doesn't leave us deep in it.

If we draw, we will be 3 points ahead of Huddersfield with a far superior GD. This means that Hudders will need to get more than 1 win in the last 3 games.

We will be on 38 points. I will take a draw all day long which is quite possible. (Obviously I would prefer a win).

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Is it possible?

By your logic (and I'm not saying it's wrong - I agree with most of it), a point would probably be enough. As Hudds will lose away to City and Chelsea (they most likely will) - so a point at home to Man Utd would be enough to seal it... You say we're most likely going to lose our last 2 - so you have to apply the same to Hudds right?

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
A draw really doesn't leave us deep in it.

If we draw, we will be 3 points ahead of Huddersfield with a far superior GD. This means that Hudders will need to get more than 1 win in the last 3 games.

We will be on 38 points. I will take a draw all day long which is quite possible. (Obviously I would prefer a win).

Beat me to it my friend!!!!

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I think we have to wait until after the Saturday games before proclaiming DOOM if we lose.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
This is what the Premier League is all about. Is there one of you that wouldn't have been ecstatic to be in this position with three to go, before a ball was kicked?

Oh and as for the thread title, there is only one response and that is "No shit Sherlock" :lolol:

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Is it possible?

Deary me.
We've been safe for a few weeks now, Kevo. Do keep up.

Brovion

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
I think we're going to win on Friday.

Mind you I thought that before the Liverpool and Chelsea games as well ...

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patreon
Jun 27, 2012
Is it possible?

Liverpool have in their last 2 Premier League games dropped points against West Brom and Stoke.

el punal

I must admit to feeling positive about all of our three remaining games. The Burnley result was decisive as it was another point gained and, barring hugely catastrophic luck, should see us safe. The teams below us have to play catch up, and, with West Brom and Stoke out of the equation there remains only one team to fill that third spot as far as we are concerned. That team could be Southampton, Swansea, Huddersfield or West Ham. The bonus being that Saints and Swansea have to play each other and Huddersfield have a run in as horrendous as ours.

I am fortunate to be going to all our remaining fixtures, so with fingers crossed I hope I’ll be celebrating our survival sooner rather than later.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here