Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Top clubs not played at Amex, Withdean, Gillingham

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
So if we're talking first team competitive matches in the FL, it seems it's Oxford, Fleetwood, Accrington, Crawley, Stevenage and Morecambe.

Of those I would guess that only Oxford and Crawley played at the Goldstone.

Crawley at the Goldstone only in the FA Cup

scousefan

Apr 26, 2009
Liverpool
It really feels as though our ground and team has come of age as we play the last really big club to come to the Amex. I’m just so proud of our ground and the way the club is run now. It seems the right time for a famous victory...

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Yes, we played them in the home leg of that JPT tie.

We also played them in 2003/04 when Mike Newell was their manager as I remember him tripping up Chris McPhee as we broke down the left wing in front of the dugouts. He was sent off.

Plus they were in the Championship with us at some point as Kenilworth Road was definitely one of the very few places Federico Turienzo was seen in an Albion shirt.

I seem to recall Leon Knight being sent off for diving despite having his legs clearly taken away

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
West Brom at the Amex for the fist time this season, didn't play at Withdean either as far as I can remember.

Jackthelad

Mar 31, 2010
Most of these clubs being mentioned can't be called "top clubs" if the thread title was shit tin pot clubs then it would make sense.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Most of these clubs being mentioned can't be called "top clubs" if the thread title was shit tin pot clubs then it would make sense.

Everyone else seems to have understood what was meant

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I think if you base this on league position the correct answer is Oxford (currently 14th in League One). We played them away in the cup last season but I don’t think we’ve ever been in the same division since my first season in 1995 so they can’t have been to Priestfield, Withdean or The Amex.

I think you may be right. Certainly until this season the answer would have been Everton. We hadn't played them at all, (league or cups), since we last left the old First Division back in 1982/83.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here