Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] The Championship does it again!

Jimmy Grimble

Hope Burton survive again.

The aloof gatekeeper

Oct 11, 2011
Meanwhile, in League 1 - Scunthorpe (6th) vs Plymouth (7th) on tuesday before the final round. Scunny have a 2 point lead, so Plymouth will be needing a win, or at least a draw, to take it to the final day.

Also, Northampton vs Oldham. Northampton not only need to win, but they need to win by 9 (nine). Oldham happen to be the only team they can catch if they're to stay up, and they'd need Rochdale to lose.They could win 9-0 and still not survive.

About time Oldham got relegated. 17th, 18th, 16th, 19th, 15th, 15th, 17th, 17th have been their finishing positions over the last few years. The proverbial 'Turd that won't flush'.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
About time Oldham got relegated. 17th, 18th, 16th, 19th, 15th, 15th, 17th, 17th have been their finishing positions over the last few years. The proverbial 'Turd that won't flush'.

It's a shame you feel that way, because I'll be in the Oldham end at Northampton next week, with Hunt 23 on the back of my shirt and giving it the big'un all game long. :albion:

They're a terrible team but they have some magnificently named players. Duckens Nazon is one of the great names in football.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Arguably the toughest league in the world, it usually delivers some cracking matches that are make or break for both sides in the final set of fixtures (us vs Boro for example).

Next Sunday there will be 2 (TWO) interlinked play-off/relegation deciders!

Derby vs Barnsley
Preston vs Burton

And 2 (TWO) interlinked promotion/relegation deciders.

Cardiff vs Reading
Birmingham vs Fulham

We all know what the Derby way is - will they make their fans suffer next week or save the pain for the play-offs?

Cardiff are as good as promoted. Unfortunately dirty hoofball, played under unpleasant Warnock returns to the PL. Poor Reading in Cardiff, is reflected in:

IMG_2573.PNG

Nothing at all exciting about seeing their parade. Fulham blew it letting in a 96th minute equaliser to rivals Brentford the other day.

Pickles

May 5, 2014
Hope Burton survive again.

Burton is everthing that, as an away day, footie fans want.

Nice club, nice supporters, great beer, no aggro. The polar opposite of somewhere like Burnley.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Confused. My Sky app suggests Sky aren’t showing ANY of the games, that can’t be right, right? Is it that they’ll just be going between all the games?

Pickles

May 5, 2014
Confused. My Sky app suggests Sky aren’t showing ANY of the games, that can’t be right, right? Is it that they’ll just be going between all the games?

They normally show two, I think, just not been announced yet?

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I think it's regrettably unlikely that Reading will go down. Whilst they'll be hot favourites to lose to Cardiff in the circumstances, sadly I suspect other results will save their sorry arses.

Apparently their players emerged on to the pitch after the 4-0 defeat to Ipswich Town on Saturday for a last-home-game lap of appreciation. Unfortunately, as pictures have shown, there were probably more players on the turf than there were fans left in the stands by that point :lolol:

I do hope they drop though. And also Birmingham, for their repeated managerial cluster****s. Obviously it won't be Harry Redknapp's fault if they go down, after all: he worked a miracle with the players that they had. It'll be all down to Cotterill and whoever else has been in charge of that shower for the past two seasons.

ac gull

Jul 7, 2003
midlands
Burton and Derby to both win will see Barnsley down with Bolton

Darren Bent scoring for Burton may well see Derby make the play offs

Morning of Derby game Burton chairman basically said Clough had worked his arse off this season and would be in charge next season whatever happened - 9 points and 3 games later says this took all the pressure off the players and worked a treat

Something quite a few chairman could learn from

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
They normally show two, I think, just not been announced yet?

Just checked, and they’ve confirmed Cardiff vs Reading as the live game.

theroyal

May 11, 2014
If reading manage to get themselves relegated will they be the first team since us to lose the play off final and then go down the following season. It's quite a large fall from grace, surely it can't happen that often?

If we do, we deserve it.

Saturday was the worst performance I've seen in 29 years of supporting the club.

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
Saturday was the worst performance I've seen in 29 years of supporting the club.

Bloody hell. I wondered if it was a case of going for broke after going one down. Grim though as not many get tonked by Ipswich.

Had you made it via the POs a year ago, do you think you'd have done better than WBA?

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Burton and Derby to both win will see Barnsley down with Bolton

Darren Bent scoring for Burton may well see Derby make the play offs

Morning of Derby game Burton chairman basically said Clough had worked his arse off this season and would be in charge next season whatever happened - 9 points and 3 games later says this took all the pressure off the players and worked a treat

Something quite a few chairman could learn from

Darren Bent is on loan at Burton! Consider my mind officially blown.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here