Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Ashley Barnes

lancyclaret

Jan 10, 2014
Barnes has taken up the mantle from the departing Marney as Burnley No 1 fan favourite and cult hero:) Good job we did not sell him to Wolves or Newcastle last summer.

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
Barnes has taken up the mantle from the departing Marney as Burnley No 1 fan favourite and cult hero:) Good job we did not sell him to Wolves or Newcastle last summer.

Bit of a triumph for hard work and self belief; perhaps the sub text was Dyche was telling him he was in last chance saloon. Normally I would be feeling we lost one here, but he was really Marmite at BHA, so inconsistent.

lancyclaret

Jan 10, 2014
Bit of a triumph for hard work and self belief; perhaps the sub text was Dyche was telling him he was in last chance saloon. Normally I would be feeling we lost one here, but he was really Marmite at BHA, so inconsistent.

Got to be worth at least £15-20 million in today's market. Gray went for £18.5 million and Wood cost us £15 million.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

Good, glad he is appreciated rather than vilified, he did not deserve the shit he got from more than a small minority of Albion fans. There was some real hate towards him when he was here.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
When Burnley just scored (a possible winner) against Aberdeen, Barnes gave it large against the previously mouthy Aberdeen fans. I loved him for doing it.

I thought I wouldn't be bothered, but I can't help but be biased towards the English club tonight.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
The infamous thread of Ashley Barnes is not nearly good enough for us, was started by Mr Burns at Withdean whilst we were still in League One.

I cheered because I want them knackered for the PL games.

Love Ashley though.....

Edit: incorrect quote apologies.
For [MENTION=21158]Weststander[/MENTION]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
I cheered because I want them knackered for the PL games.

Love Ashley though.....

Edit: incorrect quote apologies.
For [MENTION=21158]Weststander[/MENTION]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm glad you quoted that post. Not nearly good enough for League One, eh, Mr Burns? Now in the Europa league.
Mr Burns has done a runner rather than admit he was so wrong.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Fair to say he spit opinion here, I'm STILL firmly in the love Ashley camp. My type of footballer.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Mine too. I wonder if we'll ever find out whether the "encouragement" he got from sections of our support played a part in his decision to leave or if it was all £££.

It was money. He was a tiny wage with us, a small fraction of that of Buckley's etc, and at a crucial stage in his career, Burnley gave him a great contract.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here