Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Ashley Barnes

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Let’s just day he fits perfectly into a Sean Dyce team.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I wonder whether he learnt anything from playing with an older, more experienced striker when he was younger :angel:

Him and Lewis had a great time yesterday, bit like Glen and Shawcross earlier in the season. They all know what it's about.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz............,.........................................

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Not sorry at time to see him go. However he always give defenders a hard time and ideal for Burnley system. None of our centre forwards since have given defenders a difficult time . I know who most would rather face Murray or Barnes.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
He wouldn't get a sniff in our squad. He and his team mates showed today that they have no idea how to pass a ball around a pitch and showed why we were right to get rid.

I actually agree with this, he would not be in our first eleven. I'm not a Barnes hater, but I do find him seriously average and don't miss that we sold him. Dyche has got a bunch of very average players together, much like Wimbledon in the 80s/90s and got them playing as a solid unit. Good luck to them, they deserve it, for all the hard work they extol (sp?). But I wouldn't find it easy, like Wimbledon, supporting a side like that, however, never wish away success in all its forms, one day it'll bite your arse. I hope they go from strength to strength, because it'll show the rest of us that there is something worth playing for in the Prem.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Teams often like to have them. I watched the Ayew brothers tonight who at times seemed snide little w*nkers.

The one who clattered cake hole will deffo get a retrospectve red and a ban as he didn't even get a yellow. Luckily for Swansea they won't need him as they don't have any meaningful or important games left to play this season.

Oh....

Jimmy Grimble

On Goals on Sunday now.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
I wonder whether he learnt anything from playing with an older, more experienced striker when he was younger :angel:

Him and Lewis had a great time yesterday, bit like Glen and Shawcross earlier in the season. They all know what it's about.

Absolutely, a great battle, and they both looked like they were loving every second of it.

poidy

Aug 3, 2009
Whilst I don't think he would win on Only Connect, he is a thinking footballer whilst not over talented skill wise...in the Sheringham mould but more aggressive.

A thinking footballer who thinks a FA Cup win is accompanied by 3 points.

Might win his fair share of battles on the pitch but highly unlikely he’ll ever win Mastermind.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
It's not all about his goals he has never been a prolific scorer but a clever footballer and a handful for defenders.

Striker, not all about goals. Really?

Must get me a couple more Baldocks and CMS' in that case.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
His dive to get Stephens booked was Zaha-esque.

Indeed. He went down in my estimation yesterday. His performance also nicely illustrated the manner in which Dyche has hoodwinked the press into thinking that plucky, honest Burnley are continually cheated out of games by refs/dodgy foreigners or whatever else. Plucky, honest Burnley's collection of English players are up there with the best of them in the dark arts.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here