Page 112 of 114 FirstFirst ... 1262102109110111112113114 LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,120 of 1135
    Members

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by rippleman View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It's probably now time to just point and laugh at the Burnley trolls on here. Their ignorance is unbounded. They don't understand; they are never going to understand. It just seems so totally pointless wasting time to try to get them to understand.

For the rest of us, we know and understand that racism and homophobia are totally unacceptable; in sport and in life. Burnley seems to be the final bastion of ignorance that the rest of the world has left behind.
    Dunno about that ..... Barnsley comes to mind

• North Stand Chat

advertising

2 Not allowed!
      Don't know if it has already been posted but a Burnley fan has been banned for 3 years for alleged "racism". It is believed to relate to an incident in the Burnley v Brighton game on April 28 (probably about Bong).

There is a story on the BFC official site posted also on "Up The Clarets". Sorry, I'm computer illiterate and don't know how to embed links.
      Last edited by lancyclaret; 12-06-2018 at 22:10.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by lancyclaret View Post
      Don't know if it has already been posted but a Burnley fan has been banned for 3 years for alleged "racism". It is believed to relate to am incident in the Burnley v Brighton game on April 30 (probably about Bong).

There is a story on the BFC official site posted also on "Up The Clarets". Sorry, I'm computer illiterate and don't know how to embed links.
      https://www.burnleyfootballclub.com/...supporter-ban/
      "Prejudice is a great time saver. You can form opinions without having to get the facts"

0 Not allowed!
      Don't know if it has already been posted but a Burnley fan has been banned for 3 years for alleged "racism". It is believed to relate to am incident in the Burnley v Brighton game on April 30 (probably about Bong).

https://www.burnleyfootballclub.com/...supporter-ban/

2 Not allowed!

But I thought every single Burnley fan in the ground that was booing bong, booed bong because he said something on French TV on a tv show that they all watched, in a language they all understood
      Progressive Patriot clapham_gull's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      Don't know if it has already been posted but a Burnley fan has been banned for 3 years for alleged "racism". It is believed to relate to an incident in the Burnley v Brighton game on April 28 (probably about Bong).

No indication at the moment at what game it was or if anyone is begin charged.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by clapham_gull View Post
      No indication at the moment at what game it was or if anyone is begin charged.
      What do you mean by charged ? Club have already banned someone so in the legal sense ?
      "Prejudice is a great time saver. You can form opinions without having to get the facts"
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by dazzer6666 View Post
      What do you mean by charged ? Club have already banned someone so in the legal sense ?
      The article on the BFC site states "... a supporter was banned from attending matches at Turf Moor, or any other ground, for three years after racially abusing a visiting player. The supporter faced court action after information was reported to club safety staff by another fan and passed onto police."

That sounds a lot like a football banning order rather than a club ban due to the "or any other ground", and the supporter seems to have faced court action. In which case I would expect this to appear in a local paper shortly with more details.
      Progressive Patriot clapham_gull's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by dazzer6666 View Post
      Yes and no mention of the game as yet. I was making an observation.
      Members

2 Not allowed!
      It's a ''Token Gesture''

One fan ? Is that it ?

I wasn't at the game and don't know how bad it got but one fan doesn't generate his vocals around the whole Ground. I suppose it's a start at sending out a particular message regarding racism within football but it seems they have no interest in whole scale bans as a deterrent but merely finding a ''scapegoat''. So for me it doesn't go far enough.