Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Bong being abused all game.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Er, the divvy BHA fan you so charmingly describe is Attila, the same Atilla without whom you’d probably not have a club to support. Regardless, I don’t agree with anything you’ve spewed all over this thread with either. No doubt you’ll vomit some further thoughts in response...

Oh I'm sorry.....had I have known it was Atilla who singled handedly saved this football club on his own whilst wearing his underpants over the top of his trousers I would have accepted what he said as the gospel and never questioned anything that came from his chops. He didn't come across like a whiney little girl in fact he sounded quite manly when he was moaning about being called names.

Please accept my most sincere apologies.

:ffsparr:

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
The Kick it Out campaign people should be right behind Chris Hughton and Gaetan Bong, backing them, but they're too busy designing their t shirts and banners.
Unfit for purpose.

I totally agree - It is ridiculous that a Black Manager is the only one who comes out and condemns this. If CH hadn't done it then not one Press Organisation would have touched it. All these ''lip service'' Press Organisations are the first ones to jump on fans from Russia or Serbia or Poland for that sort of behaviour. Yet not one of them saw fit to condemn it. Even John Motson who mentioned it in his commentary never even saw fit to condemn it. Fuc#ing disgraceful on his part as well.

Aveacarlin'

Jul 5, 2011
I totally agree - It is ridiculous that a Black Manager is the only one who comes out and condemns this. If CH hadn't done it then not one Press Organisation would have touched it. All these ''lip service'' Press Organisations are the first ones to jump on fans from Russia or Serbia or Poland for that sort of behaviour. Yet not one of them saw fit to condemn it. Even John Motson who mentioned it in his commentary never even saw fit to condemn it. Fuc#ing disgraceful on his part as well.
That's it. Let's point the finger at Motson as well! How did he sleep last night?

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Having read all the posts on this thread I'm relieved to see plenty of reasonable posts on here about yesterday, aswell as the usual numpty ones I'd expect on any board. I felt compelled to join and post as a Burnley fan who was disgusted by the booing, I sit with my wife at the opposite end to where your supporters were and can assure you that your support and singing was superb. The ground, apart from the booing was the quietest it's been all season which led to a 2nd half with no atmosphere. I can only assume thousands of fans were as embarrassed as I was.
Chris Hughton was spot on and Burnley as a club must make a statement deploring that section of Burnley fans. I have followed the Clarets for over 50 years now, living in the area and sadly can only agree with some posters that Pendle is nowhere near an integrated community. It's shocking to say that when Bong's accusations first hit the news that my first thoughts were not of surprise knowing that Jay Rod was brought up in the town, only Bong and Rodriguez know what actually was said on the pitch and Burnley fans had no right at all to carry the issue on yesterday.
Some posters have promised 'to get their own back'. I can only urge your supporters clubs to do this by keeping the issue in the news by writing to Burnley FC and perhaps Burnley's local press, as I will be doing.
Brighton fans brought in by coach don't see the areas we see every day. Britain First flags hanging from bedroom windows, or in front gardens. Racial abuse us featured every day in our local press but nothing changes. My own ward has the last UKIP county councillor. The complete rejuvination of our town centre, road system, new railway station was EU funded but the town still voted leave.
I apologise for the length of my post but felt I had to say that not all Burnley fans are racist or homophobic but serious changes need to be made in the town as yesterday highlighted so starkly. The club need to take a much firmer stand against bigotry of every type. As some posters on here have said, and Dyche sometimes admits, Burnley FC is in many ways still in a past era. He has done amazingly well here to drag it by its bootstraps to where it is now and I am sure he will have been equally disappointed yesterday with the ignorant section of fans.

FFS

[MENTION=36841]Longsider[/MENTION] has come on here, and given some honest local perspective on the issues that exist, and nobody has the courtesy to reply and thank him?

Thank you for replying. Living where we do, I don't think many of us understand the vastly different political and social dynamic at work in other parts of the country, and (IMHO) there are clearly many things wrong when an area elects BNP / UKIP candidates, issues which can't be ignored.

I know there are some CJTCs on here who try to suggest that this was just banter, but it's more than that. Racism.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
You think Burnley are unique in still rolling out homophobic abuse at BHA fans........jeez you don’t venture on here much do you? The homophobic outrage on here post game is a predictable as night following day, but that’s another matter.

No, Bong got booed, if he got the kind of racist abuse that was dished out in the 70s 80s and even 90s as per the last game at the Goldstone then the wet panters like your on here would have a point.

It’s not a MASSIVE throwback, that is just hyperbole, and there is the rub, most posts on the matter lack any sense of proportionality. No one on here knows if Rodrigues is a) a grade 1 racist, b) deeply unpleasant, c) just plain stupid, or d) all 3 of the above. But that doesn’t matter on here he’s definitely a racist.

That’s the thing isn’t it........without unequivocal evidence all you have is opinions.

Well I’ve been out most of today and [MENTION=603]Deportivo Seagull[/MENTION] has pretty much covered everything I wanted to say. If you’re a Brighton fan you should be backing your player, unless, of course, there’s something bigger that’s stopping you doing so. Care to share with us what that is?

And, as a human being, if you can’t see that turning on a black man for calling out racism is, in itself, racist then frankly you don’t get it.

Homophobic abuse also belongs in the 70s. If other teams do it, it doesn’t make it right. It makes it a problem.

Well done for getting the word ‘no’ in though, I’ll take that as your acceptance of Burnley’s booing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dsr-burnley

Aug 15, 2014
Rodrigues covered his mouth so he couldn’t be lip read, which you would only do if you were going to say something very unpleasant.

Actually, there is one other reason for covering your mouth while saying "you stink", and that's because holding your nose is a common verbal way of saying "you stink". And because of the shape of the hand, if you're pinching your nose you automatically cover your mouth. Only you can know for sure which Rodriguez meant to do.

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
Actually, there is one other reason for covering your mouth while saying "you stink", and that's because holding your nose is a common verbal way of saying "you stink". And because of the shape of the hand, if you're pinching your nose you automatically cover your mouth. Only you can know for sure which Rodriguez meant to do.

So why we're your fans booing Bong?

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.

Why are you defending Rodriguez when you don't actually know what he said?

Are you not at all ashamed that your fans have automatically assumed Bong is lying based on no evidence whatsoever?

Would your fans boo rape victims who couldn't prove they were raped?

What about Nicole Brown Simpson who was found not to be murdered by OJ Simpson. I'm guessing your fans would've booed her family for claiming it was OJ Simpson who killed her?....Oh wait, OJ Simpson's black, bad example.

papajaff

Aug 7, 2005
Brighton
Spot on. A large majority of Burnley fans, like me, were saddened by it. The club need to make a statement condemning what happened.

Longsider, thanks for taking the time to come on here and post a decent view representing the majority of good Burnley fans. All the best to you.

dsr-burnley

Aug 15, 2014
I'm following the occasionally-used British principle "innocent until proved guilty". I know most of you Brighton fans are absolutely convinced that Rodriguez said what Bong thinks he said and there is absolutely no possibility of mishearing. Well, I'm not. Possibly that's a function of our respective biases.

I suspect that if Bong had claimed that Rodriguez had raped him and Rodriguez denied it and was acquitted (or if the trial was in Scotland or under FA rules, found "not proven"), he would have been booed just the same. The Burnley fans would tend to believe Rodriguez, the Brighton fans would tend to believe Bong.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
I'm following the occasionally-used British principle "innocent until proved guilty". I know most of you Brighton fans are absolutely convinced that Rodriguez said what Bong thinks he said and there is absolutely no possibility of mishearing. Well, I'm not. Possibly that's a function of our respective biases.

I suspect that if Bong had claimed that Rodriguez had raped him and Rodriguez denied it and was acquitted (or if the trial was in Scotland or under FA rules, found "not proven"), he would have been booed just the same. The Burnley fans would tend to believe Rodriguez, the Brighton fans would tend to believe Bong.

So on that basis what has Bong been found guilty of that deserves thousands of your home support throwing abuse at him at a football match then?

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex

No it’s not. Pinching your nose is the universal sign of saying you stink. Really that is a really p$ss poor argument.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
That's it. Let's point the finger at Motson as well! How did he sleep last night?

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

There’s no point in criticising Motson as any further comments he made could have failed to make the final edit. But given that he did draw attention to it, it was poor that Lineker and company failed to mention it.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach

Actually I accepted the possibility of both accounts long ago and that we'll never know. We will still back our player until it's proved otherwise.

WBA fans will think Bong is a liar or that it was misheard, Brighton fans will think JR is a racist or it was misheard.

Judging from Saturday though it seems quite a few of your lot have already made up their mind on the former.

Jan 10, 2014
Having read all the posts on this thread I'm relieved to see plenty of reasonable posts on here about yesterday, aswell as the usual numpty ones I'd expect on any board. I felt compelled to join and post as a Burnley fan who was disgusted by the booing, I sit with my wife at the opposite end to where your supporters were and can assure you that your support and singing was superb. The ground, apart from the booing was the quietest it's been all season which led to a 2nd half with no atmosphere. I can only assume thousands of fans were as embarrassed as I was.
Chris Hughton was spot on and Burnley as a club must make a statement deploring that section of Burnley fans. I have followed the Clarets for over 50 years now, living in the area and sadly can only agree with some posters that Pendle is nowhere near an integrated community. It's shocking to say that when Bong's accusations first hit the news that my first thoughts were not of surprise knowing that Jay Rod was brought up in the town, only Bong and Rodriguez know what actually was said on the pitch and Burnley fans had no right at all to carry the issue on yesterday.
Some posters have promised 'to get their own back'. I can only urge your supporters clubs to do this by keeping the issue in the news by writing to Burnley FC and perhaps Burnley's local press, as I will be doing.
Brighton fans brought in by coach don't see the areas we see every day. Britain First flags hanging from bedroom windows, or in front gardens. Racial abuse us featured every day in our local press but nothing changes. My own ward has the last UKIP county councillor. The complete rejuvination of our town centre, road system, new railway station was EU funded but the town still voted leave.
I apologise for the length of my post but felt I had to say that not all Burnley fans are racist or homophobic but serious changes need to be made in the town as yesterday highlighted so starkly. The club need to take a much firmer stand against bigotry of every type. As some posters on here have said, and Dyche sometimes admits, Burnley FC is in many ways still in a past era. He has done amazingly well here to drag it by its bootstraps to where it is now and I am sure he will have been equally disappointed yesterday with the ignorant section of fans.

Well done, you've had them eating out of the palm of your hand through lying and generally being an internet wind up merchant.

'50 years' and 'Longsider' :laugh:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here