Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Bong being abused all game.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
As is this thread with the stereotype of BHA fans these days.........we need it hot and sunny in Brighton today so we can get all the mattresses dried out.

Those with memory foam could be ruined though, that piss stink will never come out.

I’m delighted to be a stereotypical Brightonian standing up to racism.

And no, I don’t think every Burnley fan is racist, but sadly a significant number join in the harassment of Gaeten today: harassed for having the temerity to report what he believed to be a racist comment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
One thing about this yesterday was that CH said he was "surprised" by the racist booing.
Really?
I wasn't. We've all had to put up with the Neanderthal behaviour at Burnley in the past. Probably even worse than their close relations in Blackburn for hateful homophobic and racist abuse not only during the game but as we walk out of the ground afterwards.

I'm sorry CH was surprised. I could have told them what it's like there before we he set off.

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
To boo, or not to boo: that is the question:

Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer The slings and arrows of outrageous fortune, Or to take arms against a sea of troubles, And by opposing end them?

Never has Shakespeare made more sense than on this thread......
No one (with half a brain) thinks Bong made a malicious complaint, maybe Rodriguez said what Bong thought he said, maybe he didn't. But the point is, imagine if you are a black player who gets racially abused on the pitch today, you really are going to have to think twice before reporting it. Not only are you going to have to go through all the investigations, the hearing and the media storm but you will then have to endure knuckle dragging supporters like Burnley's abusing you for having the temerity to report perceived racism. And THAT'S why yesterday was indeed shameful and why those of us who aren't amused by it are not snowflakes. And that's why Burnley should come out and condemn their fans who followed up their casual racism with some good old fashioned homophobia.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
If I read that forum right one of them claims we sang "you're just a town full of Pakis" on a previous visit.

I find that difficult to believe...unless he's got a time machine. And why are they so bothered that we asked them (as well as everyone else) for support when we had our ground sold from under us?

cunning fergus

Jan 18, 2009
I’m delighted to be a stereotypical Brightonian standing up to racism.

And no, I don’t think every Burnley fan is racist, but sadly a significant number join in the harassment of Gaeten today: harassed for having the temerity to report what he believed to be a racist comment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You’re not standing up to racism, you’re standing up to booing.

If booing is “harassment” as you say then it should be stamped out full stop, that is unless you and the other damp panters on here are going to draft a code of conduct for booing so the rest of us know when it’s harrassment, good fun or virulent racism..

If Bong had broken Rodrigues leg he would have been booed yesterday, and you would have soaked your duvet about that, had it been Dunk probably the same.

We got a point yesterday rejoice.

cunning fergus

Jan 18, 2009
No one (with half a brain) thinks Bong made a malicious complaint, maybe Rodriguez said what Bong thought he said, maybe he didn't. But the point is, imagine if you are a black player who gets racially abused on the pitch today, you really are going to have to think twice before reporting it. Not only are you going to have to go through all the investigations, the hearing and the media storm but you will then have to endure knuckle dragging supporters like Burnley's abusing you for having the temerity to report perceived racism. And THAT'S why yesterday was indeed shameful and why those of us who aren't amused by it are not snowflakes. And that's why Burnley should come out and condemn their fans who followed up their casual racism with some good old fashioned homophobia.

Right, what racist abuse did Bong get today......seriously, check the Dictionary before you answer.

Racist.

Abuse.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
So Bong was booed for reporting racism.

The Kick It Out campaign is dead in Burnley.

Surprised there hasn't been a statement.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Chris Hughton was, for him, very animated about the abuse Bong got from the Clarets.

His point was that Bong is a very honest and level headed player who, if he says "j rod" used racist and demeaning language, should be believed. The FA finding it "not proven" is not "it didn't happen" not by a long chalk.

Also, Chris is a black manager and is heavily implying that the booing and whatnot was racially motivated.

As far as I'm concerned his opinion carries more weight than the deniers and "Bantz" merchants on NSC.

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
Because they are racist and don't care. Not much to debate as that's what they said themselves.

When we played them during the General Election campaign of 2005, there was a big chimney right in the middle of the town with a huge banner on it “VOTE BNP”, summed everything up, possibly one of the most racist places I’ve visited.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
The Burnley fans are employing the classic bigot's tactic of deflection. To boo a black player who has reported racist abuse and then hide behind Rodriguez being an ex player or fake outrage about malicious accusation is quite simply cowardly. We listened to 606 on the way home from the game yesterday and the comments were laughable, particularly the student who was unable to comprehend the difference between 'innocent' and 'not proven.' Rodriguez covered his mouth with his hand and therefore it was impossible for the FA to find him innocent. Loved the comment about Brexit and being a Liberal as well. What a ridiculously contorted and one eyed view of the world that in his mind his voting history gives him some sort of free pass to support abuse of black footballers. His comments were quite possibly beaten though by the lady who thinks that if an accusation is unproven then the accused should be tried for having the temerity to make the report. For her to fail to understand the implications of this view is particularly sad.
Shame really as we had a great day and the Burnley fans we spoke to in the Bridge Bier Haus were all very pleasant and as usual the majority were let down by a minority of bigots. Let's not fall into the same trap as the Burnley minority and start making wild.generalizations about their town and people.

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
It was hardly a surprising reaction from an area of the country like Burnley to boo Bong's every touch. I don't condone their behaviour but its not a surprise from a section of their support who more closely resemble neanderthals. I was impressed by Bong's performance and ability to shrug this off.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
On a side note.

I went for a curry in Burnley on Friday night. Curry house seems to have been built inside an old car showroom..it was very large and clearly popular.

It was, without doubt, the single shittest curry I've ever had.

Supermarket poppadoms, rubbery chicken cooked in Lidl tikka sauce. Shocking.

Pickles

May 5, 2014
I went there a few years ago when CMS scored his wonder goal.

The coach dropped us bang outside the ground a couple of hours before ko, so I asked a local, who was probably in his twenties, where was the nearest place I could buy some tobacco, he said 'There's a paki shop down there, but I'd go to the one that way because he's not paki'

I thought they can't all be like that so I asked someone else, probably in his sixties. I got near enough the same reply.

On a positive note, a group of young teenage lads thumped on our coach when leaving and all of them were clapping us and saying 'Well played', so maybe there is hope, but I doubt it.

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
I thought when I started the Night out in Burnley thread it was a gentle send-up of our Northern Cousins.

Should have known better... :tosser:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here