Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Bong being abused all game.

hopkins

Banned
Nov 6, 2003
Brighton
I didn't hear what CH said as I got back to the car just in time to here some divvy BHA fan on 606 but it sounds like he has done use no favours here and the prat of 606 just made it worse (we replied with "you're just a town full of racists" and they gave us homophobic abuse! As if that was something new and groundbreaking!). They've made the club look like a load of whiney little girls.

Hardly surprising Burnley fans will stick up for a lad that came through their youth setup.

Had the shoe been on the other foot then we would have done the same and I'm sure next time we play against a side with JR in it he will get booed by our lot. Nothing ground breaking or earth shattering just what happens at football.

Get over it folks.

Is correct. Imagine if peter ward/bobby Zamora is called a racist, it’s unproven, and some people will react in a (so called) defensive way. It’s human nature.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
I didn't hear what CH said as I got back to the car just in time to here some divvy BHA fan on 606 but it sounds like he has done use no favours here and the prat of 606 just made it worse (we replied with "you're just a town full of racists" and they gave us homophobic abuse! As if that was something new and groundbreaking!). They've made the club look like a load of whiney little girls.

Hardly surprising Burnley fans will stick up for a lad that came through their youth setup.

Had the shoe been on the other foot then we would have done the same and I'm sure next time we play against a side with JR in it he will get booed by our lot. Nothing ground breaking or earth shattering just what happens at football.

Get over it folks.

Er, the divvy BHA fan you so charmingly describe is Attila, the same Atilla without whom you’d probably not have a club to support. Regardless, I don’t agree with anything you’ve spewed all over this thread with either. No doubt you’ll vomit some further thoughts in response...

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Is correct. Imagine if peter ward/bobby Zamora is called a racist, it’s unproven, and some people will react in a (so called) defensive way. It’s human nature.

Fans from another club (not that one of the accused) singling out a black player whenever he touches the ball ? What year are we in ?

No wonder people think twice about coming forward to report racist abuse.

I think you also need to go back and read the report. You are obviously as confused as the Burnley fans.

Murray 17

Jul 6, 2003
Scummy fans, shit town, I hope the they fail in europe and suffer relegation.
More than likely, on both fronts.

Like 3/4 of the PL, clubs like Burnley only need one or two things to go wrong for them and they're in trouble. Dyche leaving, injuries to 2 or 3 key players, important players sold and adequate replacements not found.

May not happen next season, but it will happen soon.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

Get over it folks.

What prehistoric bullshit.

Burnley fans don’t adore a player of theirs from many moons ago. Hardly a long serving legend.

It was simply a chance for racists in a racially divided backwater, to act predictably against a black person who dared speak up.

hopkins

Banned
Nov 6, 2003
Brighton
Fans from another club (not that one of the accused) singling out a black player whenever he touches the ball ? What year are we in ?

No wonder people think twice about coming forward to report racist abuse.

I think you also need to go back and read the report. You are obviously as confused as the Burnley fans.

Don’t need to read a report. The bloke said to Bong “your breath stinks” and holds his nose. The only reason it’s unproven is because only 1 camera slightly caught it.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
There are certain things that should trump partisanship in football and one of those is ensuring that the game itself is free from prejudice for all involved. It matters not whether Bong's interpretation of Rodriguez's undeniably insulting behaviour was completely correct. It matters that anyone in the game can feel that they can report such behaviour without fear that they will become a target of abuse for doing so. The investigation found no reason to suspect Gaeten's motives for reporting the incident and yet some of Burnley's fans seem to have decided that they have the right to form an uniformed lynch mob and persecute him. Shameful is the correct word and, if the FA want to prove that kick it out is more than a soundbite they should at least speak out against this and preferably take action to ensure that other players do not experience the same treatment.

I would be saying exactly the same thing if Bong played for WBA or Burnley and Rodriguez played for Brighton.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Don’t need to read a report. The bloke said to Bong “your breath stinks” and holds his nose. The only reason it’s unproven is because only 1 camera slightly caught it.

As I said confused.

The report clearly summarised that complaint was made in good faith. Burnley fans quite obviously believe JR to the be the victim as did their remarkable caller to 606 who suggested Bong should be banned.

If that's yours and their "human nature" I suggest you have a rethink.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

The camera didn’t catch it (all) because Rodriguez covered his mouth. You have zero knowledge of what he said - you know purely what he claims to have said (and Bong disputes).

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
There are certain things that should trump partisanship in football and one of those is ensuring that the game itself is free from prejudice for all involved. It matters not whether Bong's interpretation of Rodriguez's undeniably insulting behaviour was completely correct. It matters that anyone in the game can feel that they can report such behaviour without fear that they will become a target of abuse for doing so. The investigation found no reason to suspect Gaeten's motives for reporting the incident and yet some of Burnley's fans seem to have decided that they have the right to form an uniformed lynch mob and persecute him. Shameful is the correct word and, if the FA want to prove that kick it out is more than a soundbite they should at least speak out against this and preferably take action to ensure that other players do not experience the same treatment.

I would be saying exactly the same thing if Bong played for WBA or Burnley and Rodriguez played for Brighton.

Bravo.:clap2:

hopkins

Banned
Nov 6, 2003
Brighton
As I said confused.

The report clearly summarised that complaint was made in good faith. Burnley fans quite obviously believe JR to the be the victim as did their remarkable caller to 606 who suggested Bong should be banned.

If that's yours and their "human nature" I suggest you have a rethink.

What do you think was said ? I think what the player did with his actions was so obvious that it couldn’t be racist. No one is that thick.

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
The camera didn’t catch it (all) because Rodriguez covered his mouth. You have zero knowledge of what he said - you know purely what he claims to have said (and Bong disputes).

Yep. And that is what annoys me so much about the press comments about Rodriguez being “cleared”.

He wasn’t cleared. And it is so important it is reported as such. If I was the club I would putting out another statement to back up Bong.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011

Get over it folks.

Can I just say, bollocks.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Was this racism or Burnley fans trying to put off one of our players by using the Bong/Rodriguez situation as their justification?

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
Thoughts go out to the Burnley fans for being thick as shit and having to live in Burnley. Whenever I'm going through any sort of hardship, I just remember what it must be like growing up in Burnley. Puts things into perspective every time.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here