Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Palace] Are we allowed to say how well the scum have done?

GloryDays

Jul 5, 2011
Leyton, E10.
This isn't a miracle by Roy. A few on NSC called this last autumn, and said they'd end mid table. Their relegation was just understandable wishful thinking in these parts.

They have the 20th most expensive squad in world football, with huge spending over 10 PL transfer windows, matched by eye-watering player wages per their accounts. They've bought a mid table position and that spending will buy further years in the PL.

Football, mostly, is all about the money.

Exactly. The fact they were near relegation is solace enough for me. For them it's rather alarming that they found themselves in this position again. In reality they really need to learn something from what has happened to Sunderland as flirting with relegation too many times and not developing any kind of style or national popularity could be a costly failure, a failure of such a scale you can't even give it a penalty to make it look better.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
This isn't a miracle by Roy. A few on NSC called this last autumn, and said they'd end mid table. Their relegation was just understandable wishful thinking in these parts.

They have the 20th most expensive squad in world football, with huge spending over 10 PL transfer windows, matched by eye-watering player wages per their accounts. They've bought a mid table position and that spending will buy further years in the PL.

Football, mostly, is all about the money.

Wishful thinking by many, whose early triumphalism on here, was laughable, clearly tempting fate and inviting the inevitability of Palace finishing higher.

matbha

Apr 13, 2014
Wishful thinking by many, whose early triumphalism on here, was laughable, clearly tempting fate and inviting the inevitability of Palace finishing higher.

As long as we survive who cares where they finish ,staying up is our aim and we are doing well

larus

I will have a big bet that Palace finish above us ( again ) next season.

Much too early to call that. I am very hopeful that our excellent recruitment team will have several decent targets lined up to strengthen the squad. What’s cost us is the lack of quality in depth and a quality striker. I know Murray has scored a few goals, but some have been flukes (off his thigh etc.). Also, as we’ve survived players won’t be so reluctant to join now.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Happy with our year on year progress.
If we can continue in the same direction we will be doing well.

They have a 5 year head start on us and really haven't done much with it.
It will be interesting to see how both teams progress over the next 3 years.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
To retain their PL status after being the worst team in the whole of the top 4 divisions over a calendar year and follow that up with the worst start in PL history is remarkable really. I guess the moral is: get it right at the right time of the season and anyone can survive.

The lucky, diving, cheating ********.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

Totally agree, for those who naively took it too seriously and thought they were as good as down in October.

It was obvious that £100m's of investment would send them up the table. Better players, with match winners = a higher table finish. A fundamental of football.

IMG_2570.PNG

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Its all relative though, after four years in the prem, and splashing loads on transfer fees, they were supposed to be challenging for Europe. Instead they're hauling themselves to safety once again with their latest old English manager. After Holloway, Pardew, Pulis, Allardyce and Hodgson, who next?

Surly it has to be:

ron c manager.jpg

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Totally agree, for those who naively took it too seriously and thought they were as good as down in October.

It was obvious that £100m's of investment would send them up the table. Better players, with match winners = a higher table finish. A fundamental of football.

View attachment 96459

Indeed.
Unlike ourselves, who would now be contemplating Championship football had we started as poorly as Palace.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Why would a PROPER Brighton fan congratulate those muppets up the road. ?

I wish nothing but misery on them.

And that says more about you than anything. Nice piece of work

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I think scum is a bit harsh :blush: Anyhow, unfortunately you lot are now probably safe so they'll be another couple of 'derby' games next season and easy points for us :bigwave:
Imagine the gap between us if we hadn't given you guys a 7 game start and had so many injuries? :moo:

See you next season.

I have a few palace mates, and in all our coverations, I am brighton scum and they are palace scum...lol

It's the law!

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
There are stupid threads and then there are REALLY stupid threads.......

Jesus Gul

Feb 23, 2004
I was there in the away end - given tickets by a Leicester mate who couldn't make it. They were clinical - Leicester terrible. Awful view. Tinpot goal music. Funny few rows of (cough) Ultras in a corner of the home end. Leicester fans predictably banging out the 'Champions of England, you'll never say that' ad infinitum. Fair play to the oiled Leicester kid who puked down the aisle

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here