Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] 5 clear, 3 to play, we are safe

throbinson

Feb 18, 2009
Shropshire
Neither Southampton, Swansea or Huddersfield will finish above us so we are safe. Let’s enjoy the last 3 games we have left and look forward to another season in the Premier League

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Massive point today and the Spurs one. I want to relax but can't. This is Brighton. A team who missed out on promotion by 2 goals.

Just want Chelsea to win now.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Ha! I think we are but todays results don't really change where we were before start of play. Lose at home to Man Utd and its squeaky bum time all the way to end of Liverpool game. It may be that Southampton go into that needing a point against City to catch us, Huddersfield need to beat Arsenal to catch us and Swansea need to beat Stoke to catch us, provided we lose away at Liverpool, but any or all of those three happening is hardly out of the realms of possibility

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Massive point today and the Spurs one. I want to relax but can't. This is Brighton. A team who missed out on promotion by 2 goals.

Just want Chelsea to win now.

Exactly, you can never relax as a Brighton fan until the fat lady sings and she hasn’t even got dressed yet.

Steve.S

May 11, 2012
Hastings
Ha! I think we are but todays results don't really change where we were before start of play. Lose at home to Man Utd and its squeaky bum time all the way to end of Liverpool game. It may be that Southampton go into that needing a point against City to catch us, Huddersfield need to beat Arsenal to catch us and Swansea need to beat Stoke to catch us, provided we lose away at Liverpool, but any or all of those three happening is hardly out of the realms of possibility

Just as likely we will still pick up points. Man U haven’t exactly out played us this season and Liverpool the last day, might have a few players thinking about staying fit for champions league. I don’t think it’s that impossible for us to nick a point on Friday

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
It’s very likely we’re safe, but “5 points clear, 3 to play; we’re safe” has the same ring about it as “7 points clear, 3 to play; we’re champions”.

Steve in Japan

NSC Patreon
May 9, 2013
East of Eastbourne
I’m not a mathematician but the odds of Hudders, Swansea and Saints ALL getting past us must be incredible.

Indeed. BHA now 33-1.

Screenshot 2018-04-28 17.27.04.png

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
It’s very likely we’re safe, but “5 points clear; we’re safe” has the same ring about it as “7 points clear; we’re champions”.
Yep.
It’s very likely we’re safe, but “5 points clear, 3 to play; we’re safe” has the same ring about it as “7 points clear, 3 to play; we’re champions”.

And this!

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here