Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] 5 clear, 3 to play, we are safe

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I think we are all assuming West Ham are going to get 3 points. They don't seem to get mentioned much on these threads. But who knows.

Your right, they don't seem to get much of a mention, but they should, they have a difficult run in, and are very far from safe.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
I think we are all assuming West Ham are going to get 3 points. They don't seem to get mentioned much on these threads. But who knows.

Yep. West Ham GD is now 9 behind us.

So in short - all this needs to happen

- Albion lose all 3
WH need a minimum of 3 points from Leicester, Man Utd and Everton to overtake us. (Cos of GD)
saints need 5 out of 9
swans need 5 (cos of GD) out of 9
Hudds need 3 (cos of GD). Out of 9

And either Saints / Swans can only get max of 7 cos they are playing each other.

Still worried ?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013

- Albion lose all 3
WH need a minimum of 3 points from Leicester, Man Utd and Everton to overtake us. (Cos of GD)
saints need 5 out of 9

And either Saints / Swans can only get max of 7 cos they are playing each other.

Still worried ?
Yep even more so

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Chelsea have a game in hand over Liverpool (Huddersfield at Home), then play them at home next weekend. If Liverpool lose they will be leave on points when with Chelsea when they play us. Could well be anything but on the beach as Spurs have 3 relatively easy games coming up

I really don't want final day nerves

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset

- Albion lose all 3
saints need 5 out of 9

Still worried ?

Don't quite get the Swansea/Southampton part. They can both overtake us if we lose all 3 (and even if we draw one), if the game between them is not a draw and the loser wins their other two games; not a massive likelihood but possible.

Si Gull

Way Down South
Mar 18, 2008
On top of the world

- Albion lose all 3
saints need 5 out of 9

Still worried ?

I'm not sure how any seasoned supporter of a team in our current position could not have at least a tiny doubt that things could go tits up over the final 3 games. Stranger things have happened than Saints winning a couple of games and after Man C and Liverpool our GD may not be looking so good. Having said this, I still think we'll be ok but to have no doubts is bordering on pathological optimism. Do these people never fear the worst?

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Don't quite get the Swansea/Southampton part. They can both overtake us if we lose all 3 (and even if we draw one), if the game between them is not a draw and the loser wins their other two games; not a massive likelihood but possible.
It's just a case of likelihood as you said. Southampton have managed only 9 points in their last ten games, Swansea only 6 from ten, so the thought that they will both achieve 7 from 3 is unlikely to say the least.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here