Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] 5 clear, 3 to play, we are safe

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Beat Man.Utd.on Friday - we're safe.
Lose on Friday, if Stains and Swans lose on Saturday we're almost there - Swansea would have to make up a lot of goal difference to finish above us.
If Stains and Swans lose on Saturday, but we've picked up a single point on Friday, we're safe.

So.............we are NOT safe yet

colinz

Banned
Oct 17, 2010
Auckland
Been looking at the remaining fixtures. To remain objective haven't given any points to us although I think we'll pick up at least one more point. I think were safe because Swansea have to play Southampton.

Bournemouth 4 more points =42
Watford 3 more points =41
West Ham 5 more points = 40
Swansea 6 more points = 39
Huddersfield 3 more points = 38
Brighton = 37
Saints 1 more point = 33

https://www.premierleague.com/tables

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Been looking at the remaining fixtures. To remain objective haven't given any points to us although I think we'll pick up at least one more point. I think were safe because Swansea have to play Southampton.

Bournemouth 4 more points =42
Watford 3 more points =41
West Ham 5 more points = 40
Swansea 6 more points = 39
Huddersfield 3 more points = 38
Brighton = 37
Saints 1 more point = 33

https://www.premierleague.com/tables
I can tell you now Southampton will get over 36pts.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Lose on Friday, if Stains and Swans lose on Saturday we're almost there - Swansea would have to make up a lot of goal difference to finish above us.
If Stains and Swans lose on Saturday, but we've picked up a single point on Friday, we're safe.

If Stains and Swansea both lose next week, then we’re mathematically safe even if we lose 0-10 on Friday.

If we were in 17th and 5 clear of Saints, I’d be a bit nervous. Fact is that we’re 14th with another 3 teams with 2 or more points fewer than us and tough fixtures. The chances of all 4 of those teams picking up the points needed to overtake are very slim. Consensus after Arse win was that we needed another 3 points for safety. We now have them.

colinz

Banned
Oct 17, 2010
Auckland
I can tell you now Southampton will get over 36pts.

In that case they'll beat Swansea and get a point a piece at Everton and home to City.
Looks like a point on Friday is critical. Bournemouth then have to avoid defeat at home to Swansea to not be dragged into it. I fancy Huddersfield to beat Arsenal.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
I know all results are still possible, but rationally I think we have enough.

Can’t see Southampton catching us now, Everton are good at home and I can’t see them getting anything against City. Swansea look in dire form and could see them being very negative in their game against Southampton.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I know all results are still possible, but rationally I think we have enough.

Can’t see Southampton catching us now, Everton are good at home and I can’t see them getting anything against City. Swansea look in dire form and could see them being very negative in their game against Southampton.

Add Hudds into that....quite possible they won’t get another point.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla

Not quite.

If we at least match the Bournemouth v Swansea and the Everton v Southampton results next weekend we ARE safe.

If Swansea lose at Bournemouth and Southampton lose at Everton we stay up mathematically.

Frankie

Put him in the curry
May 23, 2016
Mid west Wales
Quite amusing that with 3 games to go Man Utd looks like the easiest game , How times have changed .

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Not quite.

If we at least match the Bournemouth v Swansea and the Everton v Southampton results next weekend we ARE safe.

If Swansea lose at Bournemouth and Southampton lose at Everton we stay up mathematically.
No, #nwgull called it right. Win lose or draw against Utd, if Swansea and Saints both lose on Saturday we're mathematically safe - either of them could finish above us, but because they play each other they can't both overtake us. If Swansea pass us, Saints can't, and vice versa.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here