Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Should we sell Locadia in the Summer?

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
Don’t over-analyse it BG. It is what it is. It ain’t nice, but it sometimes happens.
Shock horror probe “player in I want more pitch time outburst”.

And CH is dealing with it.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Don’t over-analyse it BG. It is what it is. It ain’t nice, but it sometimes happens.
Shock horror probe “player in I want more pitch time outburst”.

And CH is dealing with it.

I do think that we will need to change our approach play to get the best out of him instead of high balls into the box we will need slick one twos to go past the CBs.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I think he’s been class since he’s come but is just unlucky at Murray’s excellent form. Same goes for Ulloa - good signings.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Funnily enough I thought the OP was serious. I can't see Ulloa staying unless he is free as he did not offer much today. I guess it will depend on who is available.
Free:lolol::lolol:
Would you offer him a 2 year contract on 30/40k ???

I sort of agree about locadia as we need a speedy outlet away from home as we sit deeper rather than a like for like in Murray and ulloa....Hopefully next season he'll be great :clap2:

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
If we could get the Hertha Berlin natural centre-forward we've been linked with for €20m - Davie Selke - then Locadia will come into his own, vying for a place on the left with Jose.

Washie

Jun 20, 2011
Eastbourne
If we could get the Hertha Berlin natural centre-forward we've been linked with for €20m - Davie Selke - then Locadia will come into his own, vying for a place on the left with Jose.

Well, considering he's a striker who can play on the right wing, i bloody hope not.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

Who scored today.

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire
:facepalm:

No pooh sherlock, that's the whole point of this eye-catching thread.

If Ulloa is getting nothing from Burnley why replace him with Murray a like for like palyer and leave the £14m different striker on the bench.

If Murray were to have been injured today CH would have been looking around to Tomer. (for the hard of thinking that's another tongue back in cheek comment)

I agree that it would have been more of a potential game-changer for CH to have replaced Ulloa with Locadia. But possibly, CH was so concerned to hold on to the 1 point, and sees Murray as a safer pair of hands [I mean feet and head! phew, hope the ref didn't read that] to defend corners and free kicks in and around our penalty area, and to help see out the game. I bet the decision was something about that today: 'keep the one point' was more important than 'risk getting three'.

Martlet

Jul 15, 2003
Getting a point today was critical. Defending from the front is Hughton’s Style.

Ulloa does that, Murray does that, Jurgen doesn’t (yet). We got a point. End of...

Brightonfan1983

Tiny member
Jul 5, 2003
UK
We will sell Jurgen in the summer..........................................................................................................................................................................................of 2019 to a top 6 club for big money.

I'd say 2020, but that's why he joined us. But only after, I hope, he scores a shedload for us next season, and decides he wants to stay and be a part of CH's meisterwerk for at least one more...

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
We are safe now so I think he should be given at least a half in all the remaining games to run at the opposition.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
I trust the management team to ease him into the team as they see fit.

Perhaps he isn't quite clicking on the training ground.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
I agree that it would have been more of a potential game-changer for CH to have replaced Ulloa with Locadia. But possibly, CH was so concerned to hold on to the 1 point, and sees Murray as a safer pair of hands [I mean feet and head! phew, hope the ref didn't read that] to defend corners and free kicks in and around our penalty area, and to help see out the game. I bet the decision was something about that today: 'keep the one point' was more important than 'risk getting three'.

Thought the game changed as soon as Murray came on, we looked far more dangerous and whilst he does not have pace he does have the knack of stretching the defence.

Part of our problem is we appear not to know how to get the ball out of defence in a quick and easy manner, too many square or defensive passes and not picking the runner (AK or Jose) who to be fair are often too far back anyway. When they get the ball they seem to have to run/dribble from halfway line so having to beat midfielders and the back line it would be preferable for them to get the ball 70 yards and only have the defenders to deal with. I can't see this changing if we add Locadia.

We really need a better plan B.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
That lad can play. Murray is old and wants to move into something else. Locadia is a superstar in waiting.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here