Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: TB fans forum

Members

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by BNthree View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Isn't that where the East Stand 1901 lounge is? Maybe they are getting new windows?
    That was my initial thought. The current windows are quite small and don't take advantage of the view of the pitch at all, so perhaps they are installing larger ones. I've only been in the East Stand 1901 lounge once, but I remember it being quite long and narrow so the temporary screen probably runs the length of the lounge.
    Don't make me run. I am full of chocolate.

• North Stand Chat

advertising

Fan of the 17 bus Cowfold Seagull's Avatar

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by BeHereNow View Post
      Exactly. Here was my thinking of adding 10-13 rows in a quick draft. It would be 1000+ seats.

Attachment 97643
      It looks like the roof has given way on the right hand side. See, Tony was right, the structure just can't take any more expansion!
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Cowfold Seagull View Post
      It looks like the roof has given way on the right hand side. See, Tony was right, the structure just can't take any more expansion!
      So you don't think there's room behind the current North Stand?
      People always seem to think I'm lazy. I don't mind, I think they're crazy.

0 Not allowed!
      So you don't think there's room behind the current North Stand?
      I would guess the concourse isn't big enough to have more fans in the NS
      Become a fan of Northstandchat Dogs Syndicate and follow @NSCGreyhounds on Twitter

1 Not allowed!
      Not sure if anyone has ever mentioned it before, but we don't need to expand capacity whatsoever.

Members

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Gazwag View Post
      I would guess the concourse isn't big enough to have more fans in the NS
      I think it is, but not a huge amount. After the Wigan game it must've been well over capacity.
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Is it PotG? View Post
      Not sure if anyone has ever mentioned it before, but we don't need to expand capacity whatsoever.

Could always do with squeezing a few more in, especially when the North Stand looks unfinished. It does look pretty small from the South and isn't exactly intimidating.

How many are on the season ticket waiting list now? Pretty much every home game sold out last season. An extra 750 to 1000 seats would be snapped up. If we were to go down, we'll just have a few more empty seats, it's not going to be half empty like Sunderland's ground.

Doesn't have to be done now obviously, but say we stay in the PL for 10 years. The potential fan base of this club is pretty big. Think about all the fans we'll be missing out on because they couldn't get a ticket.

0 Not allowed!
      Could always do with squeezing a few more in, especially when the North Stand looks unfinished. It does look pretty small from the South and isn't exactly intimidating.

How many are on the season ticket waiting list now? Pretty much every home game sold out last season. An extra 750 to 1000 seats would be snapped up. If we were to go down, we'll just have a few more empty seats, it's not going to be half empty like Sunderland's ground.

Doesn't have to be done now obviously, but say we stay in the PL for 10 years. The potential fan base of this club is pretty big. Think about all the fans we'll be missing out on because they couldn't get a ticket.
      So a cost of say well north of £25m (IF it were even possible) for 1000 possible (games like City or Liverpool but not Watford) fans. Good business.

4 Not allowed!
      They've done really well to shoe-horn a few extra seats into the corners, but the North stand was clearly not designed to be expanded, certainly not in terms of an extra tier (absolutely nuts), or going any further back. It would take such a major structural upheaval I just cannot see it being viable.

It is what it is. I'd have liked a more imposing North stand too, but its not going to happen. 31k is perfect for us anyway - we're on the crest of a wave right now, but history shows that it doesn't last forever. I'd far rather have what we have now, than see blocks of empty seats if/when we hit a downturn. Leave it be.
      "But you accept that there is an increased risk of vehicle/bat collision"
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Is it PotG? View Post
      So a cost of say well north of £25m (IF it were even possible) for 1000 possible (games like City or Liverpool but not Watford) fans. Good business.
      Why do you think it would cost that much?

Who's to say we wouldn't sell out for Watford? We did this season, and I think we will this season.

The whole stadium hasn't been repaid for. Good business. Imagine if that was the attitude before the stadium was built, we wouldn't have got anything done.