Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] TB fans forum

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
It was more of an open question than to you personally. If there is no real reason we should challenge it.

Reckon it is more the technology being able to handle multiple streams rather than a rule. Whilst it should be possible to have a choice of stream they probably took the cheap option with the provider so can only broadcast 1 match at a time.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Sought clarification from Paul Camillin afterwards. TB slightly mis-spoke. We can’t show U23 games live when there is a PL game on at the same time. When there is no PL game, we can - but we need 7 days’ notice to sort the logistics out...

The recent fans forum is being aired later this week :)

Uter

Aug 5, 2008
The land of chocolate
The reason it has fewer boxes is that it's more modern.

Current demand is mainly for corporate seating areas with lounges, so that fans aren't tied to a small box.

When Old Trafford, St.Mary's were designed, the thinking was different.

eaststand.JPG.

There seems to be some activity going on at the back of the lower tier of the east stand. Does anyone know what this is?

BeHereNow

Mar 2, 2016
Southwick
Take out the wall behind the top row of the north stand and there are some offices there so it could be possible to build a few more rows if it was desperate.

Exactly. Here was my thinking of adding 10-13 rows in a quick draft. It would be 1000+ seats.

IMG_3390.JPG

Uter

Aug 5, 2008
The land of chocolate
Isn't that where the East Stand 1901 lounge is? Maybe they are getting new windows?

That was my initial thought. The current windows are quite small and don't take advantage of the view of the pitch at all, so perhaps they are installing larger ones. I've only been in the East Stand 1901 lounge once, but I remember it being quite long and narrow so the temporary screen probably runs the length of the lounge.

BeHereNow

Mar 2, 2016
Southwick
It looks like the roof has given way on the right hand side. See, Tony was right, the structure just can't take any more expansion!

So you don't think there's room behind the current North Stand?

BeHereNow

Mar 2, 2016
Southwick
I would guess the concourse isn't big enough to have more fans in the NS

I think it is, but not a huge amount. After the Wigan game it must've been well over capacity.

BeHereNow

Mar 2, 2016
Southwick
Not sure if anyone has ever mentioned it before, but we don't need to expand capacity whatsoever.

:shrug:

Could always do with squeezing a few more in, especially when the North Stand looks unfinished. It does look pretty small from the South and isn't exactly intimidating.

How many are on the season ticket waiting list now? Pretty much every home game sold out last season. An extra 750 to 1000 seats would be snapped up. If we were to go down, we'll just have a few more empty seats, it's not going to be half empty like Sunderland's ground.

Doesn't have to be done now obviously, but say we stay in the PL for 10 years. The potential fan base of this club is pretty big. Think about all the fans we'll be missing out on because they couldn't get a ticket.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Could always do with squeezing a few more in, especially when the North Stand looks unfinished. It does look pretty small from the South and isn't exactly intimidating.

How many are on the season ticket waiting list now? Pretty much every home game sold out last season. An extra 750 to 1000 seats would be snapped up. If we were to go down, we'll just have a few more empty seats, it's not going to be half empty like Sunderland's ground.

Doesn't have to be done now obviously, but say we stay in the PL for 10 years. The potential fan base of this club is pretty big. Think about all the fans we'll be missing out on because they couldn't get a ticket.

So a cost of say well north of £25m (IF it were even possible) for 1000 possible (games like City or Liverpool but not Watford) fans. Good business.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
They've done really well to shoe-horn a few extra seats into the corners, but the North stand was clearly not designed to be expanded, certainly not in terms of an extra tier (absolutely nuts), or going any further back. It would take such a major structural upheaval I just cannot see it being viable.

It is what it is. I'd have liked a more imposing North stand too, but its not going to happen. 31k is perfect for us anyway - we're on the crest of a wave right now, but history shows that it doesn't last forever. I'd far rather have what we have now, than see blocks of empty seats if/when we hit a downturn. Leave it be.

BeHereNow

Mar 2, 2016
Southwick
So a cost of say well north of £25m (IF it were even possible) for 1000 possible (games like City or Liverpool but not Watford) fans. Good business.

Why do you think it would cost that much?

Who's to say we wouldn't sell out for Watford? We did this season, and I think we will this season.

The whole stadium hasn't been repaid for. Good business. Imagine if that was the attitude before the stadium was built, we wouldn't have got anything done.

BeHereNow

Mar 2, 2016
Southwick
They've done really well to shoe-horn a few extra seats into the corners, but the North stand was clearly not designed to be expanded, certainly not in terms of an extra tier (absolutely nuts), or going any further back. It would take such a major structural upheaval I just cannot see it being viable.

It is what it is. I'd have liked a more imposing North stand too, but its not going to happen. 31k is perfect for us anyway - we're on the crest of a wave right now, but history shows that it doesn't last forever. I'd far rather have what we have now, than see blocks of empty seats if/when we hit a downturn. Leave it be.

Currently the capacity isn't 31,000. I'm suggesting that it should be a bit over that in the future.

I find it strange that 30,400 is just right, but 31,400 is well over the top and should never even be considered.

I think the North could look better, one just has to look at the construction pictures to see that there is enough room for at least 10 rows without uprooting the concrete trusts (I think that's what they're called) that hold the two arches up.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Currently the capacity isn't 31,000. I'm suggesting that it should be a bit over that in the future.

I find it strange that 30,400 is just right, but 31,400 is well over the top and should never even be considered.

I think the North could look better, one just has to look at the construction pictures to see that there is enough room for at least 10 rows without uprooting the concrete struts (I think that's what they're called) that hold the two arches up.

Tentatively corrected for you (we have the builders in at the moment).

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Why do you think it would cost that much?

Who's to say we wouldn't sell out for Watford? We did this season, and I think we will this season.

The whole stadium hasn't been repaid for. Good business. Imagine if that was the attitude before the stadium was built, we wouldn't have got anything done.

But what about this season? Sorry, couldn't resist.

And ....exhale.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here