Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Technology] northstandchat.com is not running because of a long-standing script (IE error message)

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
northstandchat.com is not running because of a long-standing script (IE error message)

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
I intended to append this to the other thread, but it didn't work

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
It's been running like a bag of shit for a few days now in Chrome. Completely unusable..

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
˙xoɟǝɹᴉℲ uᴉ ʎlʇɔǝɟɹǝd ƃuᴉʞɹoʍ s,ʇI

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I have just had the Awww Snap page.........

Been getting that in chrome very regularly over the last few days.

I have switched my Adblocker back on and Chrome is behaving perfectly. I'm sorry [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] but I won't switch it off until Nsc works properly again. It must be a rogue advertisment that's causing the problems.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I have switched my Adblocker back on and Chrome is behaving perfectly. I'm sorry [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] but I won't switch it off until Nsc works properly again. It must be a rogue advertisment that's causing the problems.

Same. Won't be unblocking the ads again til we get the all-clear that the site is once more fit for purpose on Chrome.

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
AW snap with the adblocker turned on on Chrome

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
I can no longer use NSC on Chrome, sticking to Tapatalk or Opera browser

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Same. Won't be unblocking the ads again til we get the all-clear that the site is once more fit for purpose on Chrome.

But Bozza has been telling me quite clearly it has nothing to do with the spam on this site.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I've removed all ads for logged in users for now.

Can those who have had problems please let me know how it it for them.

It's very difficult for me to diagnose because I use Chrome all day myself and have had no problems at all, other than one single hang about a week ago.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex

It's very difficult for me to diagnose because I use Chrome all day myself and have had no problems at all, other than one single hang about a week ago.

Pages are loading almost instantaneously for me now... just shows how much waiting for the ad servers slows things down. Are there any thresholds you can set for this when you put them back on?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Ok Adblocker switched off, so I'll try to log any problems.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here