Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Travel] A Night out in Burnley

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Two things are obvious on this site.

1. Brighton fans hate stereotyping. As soon as anyone mentions two or more Brighton gentlemen of certain persuasions carrying out legal activities in private, the site goes mental about discrimination.
2. Brighton fans love stereotyping. As soon as anyone mentions people from the north, out come the unimaginative knee-jerks about whippets, black pudding, clogs, UKIP, and of course illegal incest.

Why is this?

Oh get off your high horse: every time I've ever listened to an Albion game from Turf Moor on the radio, all I can hear in the background is voices shouting "Fookin' get oop, yer soft southern pansies" and so on. That sort of thing goes on everywhere. Equally, I'm not sure calling somebody a soft shandy-drinking southerner or a pigeon-fancying northerner is anywhere near the same thing as calling people "******s", for example.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Plus, if you want unimaginative, talk to the Burnley grinning idiots who made an away days video when you played at the Amex earlier this season, in which they all stood in camp poses outside one of the gay bars in Kemp Town.

Still. Just LADS BANTZ, I'm sure.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Railway...again.

That's where they've got fozzies headband behind the jump.

What a hole this yard is.

Gnight

Last edited:

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Plus, if you want unimaginative, talk to the Burnley grinning idiots who made an away days video when you played at the Amex earlier this season, in which they all stood in camp poses outside one of the gay bars in Kemp Town.

Still. Just LADS BANTZ, I'm sure.
You're not on duty now ed.

AWAYDAY

Jul 21, 2009

1. Brighton fans hate stereotyping. As soon as anyone mentions two or more Brighton gentlemen of certain persuasions carrying out legal activities in private, the site goes mental about discrimination.
2. Brighton fans love stereotyping. As soon as anyone mentions people from the north, out come the unimaginative knee-jerks about whippets, black pudding, clogs, UKIP, and of course illegal incest.

Why is this?

Is it about location and personal hygiene?

AWAYDAY

Jul 21, 2009
Also....I could be wrong but I think there’s something about paternity..

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
I'm in Killinghall just north of the A59 and Harrogate tonight. Just the name alone makes me wonder what the Mrs & I are doing out here by the Dales in Yorkshire.

desprateseagull

Jul 20, 2003
brighton, actually
There must be some NSC's Finest staying up there tonight, some may even be there by now.

However what is going to going on up there tonight in terms of a good night out?

Clog banting, whippet wrangling, sister swapping? Perhaps all three? :eek:

Try not to get confused, between these options.. :)

smillie's garden

Am I evil?
Aug 11, 2003

Why is this?

Don't quite get your post mate. On the one hand you are correct that some Brighton fans have t*sspot attitudes towards Northerners (St Albans up etc :ffsparr:)
However countering that with a disingenuous segment about homosexuality makes no sense.

Stereotyping is something we should all encourage each other to overcome, whether it is regionalistic or homophobic, wouldn't you agree?

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Don't quite get your post mate. On the one hand you are correct that some Brighton fans have t*sspot attitudes towards Northerners (St Albans up etc :ffsparr:)
However countering that with a disingenuous segment about homosexuality makes no sense.

Stereotyping is something we should all encourage each other to overcome, whether it is regionalistic or homophobic, wouldn't you agree?

St Albans up? Mate the North starts in Crawley.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo

Why is this?

It’s because we’re human and just like humans everywhere we’re full of contradictions. Bet you Burnley fans hate southerners singing we pay your benefits or making jokes about whippets etc but in a heartbeat you’d turn round and call them soft southern shites etc. It’s just part of the human condition. Plus stereotypes usually exist for a reason.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven

And outside bogs, you forgot all Northerners have an outside toilet.

Keep up :)

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
And outside bogs, you forgot all Northerners have an outside toilet.

Keep up :)

What's the difference between a scouser and a Manc?

The Manc takes the dishes out of the sink before he pisses in it.

How do you starve a scouse? Hide his giro under his work boots.

How can you tell if a northerner moves into your street? Your Bin has been ransacked and your dog is pregnant.

smillie's garden

Am I evil?
Aug 11, 2003
What's the difference between a scouser and a Manc?

The Manc takes the dishes out of the sink before he pisses in it.

How do you starve a scouse? Hide his giro under his work boots.

How can you tell if a northerner moves into your street? Your Bin has been ransacked and your dog is pregnant.

FFS, you're funny today

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
There must be some NSC's Finest staying up there tonight, some may even be there by now.

However what is going to going on up there tonight in terms of a good night out?

Clog banting, whippet wrangling, sister swapping? Perhaps all three? :eek:

Good old fashioned hooliganism? Not stereotyping Burnley or anything.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here