Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Seagulls to defy the odds....

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Well if they allowed Leicester to win the title, perhaps we could make a bid for being "allowed" to win the title next season.

Clearly anyone is allowed to win the title except Burnley.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
You asked why I did not want Burnley in Europe - I've given my reasons and will leave it at that.
It's hard 'leave it at that' when the reasoning behind you not wanting European football, next season, are:-

- I want us to do well in domestic cups (this season P 3 L2)
- Football isn't fun because we have been persecuted for not confirming to a stereotype.
- We get cheated by the referees.
- We get cheated by forwards who were elbowed by our innocent defenders.
- Telling Brighton fans the fixture list was weighted in favour of relegation.
- I saw that 50 years ago so don't need it now.

That's not pessimism that's swivel-eyed lunacy.

Withdean

Nov 5, 2017
Stoke and West Brom to seal their relegation Saturday with losses.

That said, Stoke has always troubled Liverpool whose focus has to be on the second leg of the Champions League. So a stoke win is possible.

Draws for stoke and Southampton will just delay relegation.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
....with a surprise away win at Turf Moor tomorrow.

The bookies have Burnley as favourites, Merson predicts 2-1 to Clarets, Lawrenson a 2-0 home win, the statistical "WhoScored" 1-0 to Burnley.

The "experts" and pundits have excelled in getting most BFC results wrong this season and I don't see this changing as we have not played well since a 2-1 home win against Everton. We've picked up a lot of points recently against poor teams without playing well.
Without our best defender Ben Mee for a 5th game in a row, we won't keep a clean sheet, so Burnley 0 Brighton 1. I'd be relieved (actually pleased) to draw as long as Leicester don't win at Palace.

I predict this to continue.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I fancy a very dull and turgid 0-0 myself.

draw double

Stoke v Liverpool
Burnley v Brighton

£10 = £181

I'll be *delighted* with a draw v Burnley.

We're not allowed to score away from home, so 0-0 is the best we can hope for. There's not an Albion fan alive who wouldn't take that right now.

Dull and turgid 0-0 sounds absolutely brilliant I will take that now if you're offering..

We are absolutely shocking away. I'd also take 0-0 right now and I think our only "winnable" game left is Man U at home :mad:

I'm happy to agree on a point. Look, you speak to Sean, I'll speak to Chris, let's get this agreed.

Not lost to Burnley in the last 7 games against them going back to 2012

Good call by the posters quoted.

A valuable away point today.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here