Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Alireza Jahanbakhsh - not a rumour!

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
Thought it a little odd that the Argus article said we were discussing a 4 year deal with an option for a 5th year. Seems to suggest we are some way into negotiations.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
It seems there is a report that he has parked his transfer until after the World Cup.

This sounds so like last time with him stringing us along, will-he-won't-he, always going to sign 'shortly', before suddenly signing for someone else.

Is he playing us with the same tune as 3 years ago ? ???

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
It seems there is a report that he has parked his transfer until after the World Cup.

This sounds so like last time with him stringing us along, will-he-won't-he, always going to sign 'shortly', before suddenly signing for someone else.

Is he playing us with the same tune as 3 years ago ? ???

Only just over a week, can’t see Iran getting out of what is a tough group.

Hopeful that Naylor’s article yesterday is correct, as seemed to suggest we were negotiating contract length which means must be a fair way down the road with the transfer.

HantsSeagull

Aug 17, 2011
Caught in a Riptide
Only just over a week, can’t see Iran getting out of what is a tough group.

Hopeful that Naylor’s article yesterday is correct, as seemed to suggest we were negotiating contract length which means must be a fair way down the road with the transfer.

Naylor rowing backwards in todays article it seems.

HP Seagull

Danny Cullip: Hero
Sep 26, 2008
Naylor rowing backwards in todays article it seems.

To be fair, in his previous story he was only quoting “a report”. He never said it was his understanding.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
This one isn't going to happen, again, is it? He and his agent will keep stringing us along, making people aware that we have made a bid, in order to leverage a bigger move or a bumper contract with his current club.

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
This one isn't going to happen, again, is it? He'll keep stringing us along, making people aware that we have made a bid in order to leverage a bigger move or a bumper contract with his current club.
Nope. He'll have a decent WC and we won't be in the same league as the other teams interested. Our big money needs to go in central midfield anyway. Give Percy Tau a go!

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
If I was him or AZ, there’s no way I’d agree any deal until his involvment in the world cup is over. His value and wages can only go up.

Unless he has a stinker or gets a nasty injury

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

forumwayseagull

Oct 22, 2005
Rochester kent
Naylor says unlikely to happen on Twitter. Lump on!.

Think we are obviously interested..have been quoted prices that at first are possible....however now with WC involvement starting today he will become a bigger and more valuable asset to AZ and a player that we will then ultimately not be able to afford...therefore completing a deal for this one would be unlikely..

If there is to be a silver lining to this one it is that we are looking for another winger and prepared to spend between 10-20 mill for him..

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Unless he has a stinker or gets a nasty injury

Injury maybe but I don’t think a poor performance for a side expected to really struggle will have any bearing at all. However if he plays even slightly well, his value will rocket.

On a world cup preview show yesterday I heard him being talked about as the best player in the Eredivisie so he is going to be watched by a lot of clubs.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Perhaps we will this time cut our losses early on all the shenanigans, and will go all in for Franco Cervi instead ? ???

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Well, on reflection, my guess is that we knew our only chance was get him before the World Cup, gave it our best shot but ultimately the deal was too rich for us.

No shame in that, move on to the next target.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Injury maybe but I don’t think a poor performance for a side expected to really struggle will have any bearing at all. However if he plays even slightly well, his value will rocket.

On a world cup preview show yesterday I heard him being talked about as the best player in the Eredivisie so he is going to be watched by a lot of clubs.

Hypothetically, if he had agreed to sing , and it’s a done deal , i doubt him , or the Iranian team or their FA would want it announced the day of their opening game .

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here