Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Alireza Jahanbakhsh - not a rumour!

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
We were heavily linked to him a few years ago when he picked AZ over us.

He's having a brilliant season in Holland top scorer with 18 goals plus 12 assists, not bad for a winger!

Off to the world cup with Iran.

Given Propper has broke our Dutch player jinx, wonder if we might go back in for him?

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
We were heavily linked to him a few years ago when he picked AZ over us.

He's having a brilliant season in Holland top scorer with 18 goals plus 12 assists, not bad for a winger!

Off to the world cup with Iran.

Given Propper has broke our Dutch player jinx, wonder if we might go back in for him?

Your post title implies that as it is not a rumour, there is something substantive. Oh well.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Doubt we were too impressed by his long will-he-won't-he sign saga last time.

So probably a 'No'.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
We need a 4th choice winger, why not?

We need a first choice winger in my opinion. Izquierdo and Knockaert are both great and finding their level nicely, but let's not kid ourselves, if there's a better player out there who's available, fits in the budget and wants to come - it's a no brainer.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Dutch player jinx? Yes we've had some duds but hardly a jinx.

Like you I can think of a few that haven't worked out, Kemy Agustien, Danny Hoola, and Elvis Manu, likewise though here are three that have, Hans Kraay, the long serving Michel Kuipers (still an Albion fan), and Davy Propper.

If thats a jinx, I'm errr . . . a Dutchman.

Hugo Rune

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
We need a first choice winger in my opinion. Izquierdo and Knockaert are both great and finding their level nicely, but let's not kid ourselves, if there's a better player out there who's available, fits in the budget and wants to come - it's a no brainer.

Can't argue with that but you are looking at £25m+ to get better than Izzy or Knocky and EVERY club is going to see us coming after so many bargains last summer.

Acker79

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Doubt we were too impressed by his long will-he-won't-he sign saga last time.

So probably a 'No'.

I don't imagine the club are so precious. We were an unknown quantity, we could have totally bombed and 'done a derby'. A lot of targets will have been unsure about whether it was worth the risk. Every target will think if one club from England is looking at them, others are, and maybe a better offer will come along. The more seasons we survive in the premier league, the easier it will become to sign players within our budget, the more likely it is targets will sign more quickly.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I don't imagine the club are so precious. We were an unknown quantity, we could have totally bombed and 'done a derby'. A lot of targets will have been unsure about whether it was worth the risk. Every target will think if one club from England is looking at them, others are, and maybe a better offer will come along. The more seasons we survive in the premier league, the easier it will become to sign players within our budget, the more likely it is targets will sign more quickly.

He messed us about quite a bit though. It is one thing not being sure - fair enough - but he was stringing us along saying he'd be signing soon, always soon, never actually getting the pen out.

He isn't the only player in the world, I doubt we want the aggro again.

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
He now has 22 goals and 14 assists in 39 games this season.

Napoli rumoured to be interested.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here