Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Donald Trump to visit the UK on Jul 13

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Whether Trump was in part responsible for the talks is debatable. His very strong policy on them forced the ramp up of nuclear tests and the like, leading to the collapsed facility. That said you can argue that China was getting very peeved from how Kim was behaving, trying to defend him whilst promoting a positive message in the area wasn't working and China was aware of this.

China would have been the main player in this, they were the only ones importing anything and when they stopped pulling in coal from North Korea it was pulling the plug on a comatose economy. There was also the chance they were lining up a replacement for Kim, someone more malleable and who'd stay quiet. Let's not forget that Kim's early act was to assassinate a potential usurper (not that the chap had any interest himself, but that he may have been used by China).

The only think North Korea had was the nuclear option, more tests and more missiles. Well, in the light of the destroyed facility that leverage has disappeared (in the case of the former). The missile tests near Japan were possibly being encouraged by Russia and China to see what sort of defence systems the US had in place there. This has also been the case in Syria where each side is trying to work out what systems the other is using.

The only thing left is to buy time through peace talks knowing no-one will touch him.

Kim's in a tricky position, if he starts opening up North Korea then his people will start to realise what's going on, and that won't end well. He'll probably find something very pedantic to throw a tantrum over in order to back down from any talks when the time is right. It's worth noting that the current set of talks are largely a selection of diplomatic set-pieces where both leaders plant a tree, walk together and, er, well do lots of stuff for the cameras.

Yep - that’s how I see it too.

Thanks for the time-saving. I’ll use it to, errr, look at another thread on NSC.

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
Comparisons with Hitler aren't entirely ludicrous though are they?

Of course Trump hasn't ordered genocide. But :

He is a fascist. He places his country above every other one and defines 'patriotism' as agreement with his world view, dissent as treachery.
He identifies other ethnic groups as the 'enemy within' and the source of his nation's troubles.
He has contempt for the machinery of democracy, the rule of law and any expertise which doesn't accord with his world view.
He is a racist.
He is a habitual liar.
He is driven by some deep-seated personal insecurity which means he needs constant approbation.
He has absurd hair.

Not forgetting his contempt for the media.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Did you do this when the Chinese President came for a state visit?

How about his methods of politics and business?

It’s this video of him being pissed on by hookers that puts him ‘Up There’

The Japanese and Chinese do that all the time..... ask El Pres.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
Of course his first concern would be for his own country. My point is a different one - that people who think their country is innately superior to others are on a slippery slope.

Slippery slope fallacy.

Most leaders believe their country and culture is better, they are elected to protect both as thats what their people prefer. I have no problem with Japan electing someone who thinks Japanese culture is better etc etc.

I would also argue the west is better for so many reasons, one being so many want to come to the west.

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
Like him or loathe him, Trumps stance in standing up to North Korea and putting immense pressure on China has forced a potential solution in how to defuse the time bomb ticking in the Korean Peninsula. He deserves credit for this.

No, no he doesn't. He's being played by the North Koreans and he's encouraging the proliferation of nuclear weapons

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
The collapsing MSM maybe, hes pretty good with new media. A growing number of people agree with him.

lol, people dont agree with him, he agrees with them. he's picked up on some populist ideals that he echos back. he is not a politician, has no big political idea or hinterland as they call it, ffs he was a Democrat supporter until a few years ago.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
I'll be there and I know of a few hundred already. My kids want to come ( they are nearly adults)

I'm no habitual demonstrator but somebody needs to stand up

As a woman particularly, he stands against everything I believe in

So you'd have protested Clinton if she won and visited the UK then?

I'm betting you're one of those habitual hypocrites.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
So far nothing bad has happened on his watch unlike the disasters of the Bush, Blaire, Obama and Cameron policies in the Middle East that led to a flood of Islamists migration into Europe. If Clinton was elected she would have handed Syria and its miltary to ISIS or another extremist faction. As far as I am concerned; Trump does not have a regime change policy which has proven to be a very dangerous game to play that has destroyed many millions of lives, displacement of peoples and hatred

The world seems to be a safer place and I will judge him on his full term in office, not because of his hair or or twitter feed.

Last edited:

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
lol, people dont agree with him, he agrees with them. he's picked up on some populist ideals that he echos back. he is not a politician, has no big political idea or hinterland as they call it, ffs he was a Democrat supporter until a few years ago.

The only place that listed his polocies pre election when I googled was Brietbart, unless you read them how would you have a clue.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here