Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Donald Trump to visit the UK on Jul 13

cunning fergus

Jan 18, 2009
ok so..... you are favouring the Ghandi style opposition ?.... must admit, i'm just starting to feel that I should use my democratic right to voice my opposition to Mr trump and his method of politics and business. I'm not going to break the law but I certainly feel the need to say " Not in my name " Mr Trump.

Did you do this when the Chinese President came for a state visit?

How about his methods of politics and business?

cunning fergus

Jan 18, 2009
I'll be there and I know of a few hundred already. My kids want to come ( they are nearly adults)

I'm no habitual demonstrator but somebody needs to stand up

As a woman particularly, he stands against everything I believe in

As a woman that considers Trump stands against everything you believe in, how did you feel about Bill Clinton?

To date Trump (as far as we know) has not been sticking his Monte Cristos into impressionable young ladies cookie jars so it amplifies the taste with punani.

I think many ex POTUS have got a strong record of that kind of behaviour.........look at Kennedy?

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patreon
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Apart from pulling out of the Paris climate agreement you mean?

You're seriously comparing the murder by gassing of millions with pulling out of a climate agreement ? You really can't help being a drama queen can you ?

cunning fergus

Jan 18, 2009
All of which have fk all to do with him. No deal has been struck.

Didn’t he advocate tax cuts that have halved the tax burden for low paid workers.........that was passed, this boon is helping the economy. Economies don’t have to rely on QE that only benefits the rich............well done Donald.

cunning fergus

Jan 18, 2009
Priorities! There are plenty of domestic issues people should be out protesting but they'd rather heckle Trump.... :ffsparr:

Indeed, and yet only this week Ex Rothschild banker Macron was in the states greedily sucking Donald’s Johnson........to many he is supposedly a man of the left, yet he is taking an axe to the influence of France’s unions.

If he turned up not one protestor despite the fact he is effectively Thatcher in trousers.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
Well anyone with half a brain can see that's pretty clearly what he does from time to time.

Maybe if you use your whole brain you will realise its just a conspirital smear on Both "the whistler" and the "whistled at", without any evidence or the good will to give either the benefit of the doubt. If you take dog whistle allegations seriously you are whats wrong with the world.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Like him or loath him, Trumps stance in standing up to North Korea and putting immense pressure on China has forced a potential solution in how to defuse the time bomb ticking in the Korean Peninsula. He deserves credit for this.
Loath him, to be blunt.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Like him or loathe him, Trumps stance in standing up to North Korea and putting immense pressure on China has forced a potential solution in how to defuse the time bomb ticking in the Korean Peninsula. He deserves credit for this.

Well, that or the Chinese reporting that the last nuclear test in NK caused so much damage to the test site that it’ll take months (or years) to repair. I’m sure this has no bearing on the timing of the North’s willingness to negotiate.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patreon
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
I'm neither a supporter of Trump or Hitler but as yet I've seen no evidence that Trump has murdered millions ?

Apart from pulling out of the Paris climate agreement you mean?

You're seriously comparing the murder by gassing of millions with pulling out of a climate agreement ? You really can't help being a drama queen can you ?

No I am not. I am not comparing them. Someone just stated that trump hasn't killed anyone...his position climate change will.

No of course you're not :facepalm:

Maybe you're correct about how shit the UK is - the education system clearly failed you.

The Antikythera Mechanism

The oldest known computer
NSC Patreon
Aug 7, 2003
Well, that or the Chinese reporting that the last nuclear test in NK caused so much damage to the test site that it’ll take months (or years) to repair. I’m sure this has no bearing on the timing of the North’s willingness to negotiate.

Probably a combination of both, but predominantly blinking first in the willy waving stand off.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
Economic growth, the lowest unemployment rate since 2000, the prospect of being the first ever President to talk to and strike a deal with North Korea, record stock market rises, ISIS largely defeated.

But he’s said some insulting things in the past so thousands will take to the streets to protest against the leader of our greatest ally.

All of this.

daveybgtt

May 12, 2010
North Sompting

Attachments

• fsdsfs.gif
    fsdsfs.gif
    401.2 KB · Views: 90

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
Like him or loathe him, Trumps stance in standing up to North Korea and putting immense pressure on China has forced a potential solution in how to defuse the time bomb ticking in the Korean Peninsula. He deserves credit for this.

Indeed. He has achieved more than Obama did in his whole two terms of office. He is a President that gets stuff done.

He does however have ridiculous hair and has in the past made sexual comments about women (like 90% of men) so ignore all of that and loath him.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
As much as I detest Trump for so many reasons, he is the President of The USA, most of what he is doing rightly or wrongly concerns them not us, it is none of our business.
I would rather he stayed away but I would not waste time protesting.
At the end of the day he would protect us in a war and we may well do a decent trade deal when we stupidly leave the EU.
But he is a massive bell end and very much hope he only has 1 term.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
Comparisons with Hitler aren't entirely ludicrous though are they?

Of course Trump hasn't ordered genocide. But :

He is a fascist. He places his country above every other one and defines 'patriotism' as agreement with his world view, dissent as treachery.
He identifies other ethnic groups as the 'enemy within' and the source of his nation's troubles.
He has contempt for the machinery of democracy, the rule of law and any expertise which doesn't accord with his world view.
He is a racist.
He is a habitual liar.
He is driven by some deep-seated personal insecurity which means he needs constant approbation.
He has absurd hair.
Good for him , why shouldnt he ?

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Prince Philip is going through his racist and sexist jokes repertoire in the hope that he is not in hospital when Liz meets POTUS the unapologetic retweeter of Britain First twits.
Be able to tell him about the slitty eyed Chinese, call people around them from ethnic communities terrorists, say Indians must have done any workmanship that is bad, ask if any women around are really female and other hilarious comments.

I think they are going to get on just fine, folks.

scamander

Aug 9, 2011
Whether Trump was in part responsible for the talks is debatable. His very strong policy on them forced the ramp up of nuclear tests and the like, leading to the collapsed facility. That said you can argue that China was getting very peeved from how Kim was behaving, trying to defend him whilst promoting a positive message in the area wasn't working and China was aware of this.

China would have been the main player in this, they were the only ones importing anything and when they stopped pulling in coal from North Korea it was pulling the plug on a comatose economy. There was also the chance they were lining up a replacement for Kim, someone more malleable and who'd stay quiet. Let's not forget that Kim's early act was to assassinate a potential usurper (not that the chap had any interest himself, but that he may have been used by China).

The only think North Korea had was the nuclear option, more tests and more missiles. Well, in the light of the destroyed facility that leverage has disappeared (in the case of the former). The missile tests near Japan were possibly being encouraged by Russia and China to see what sort of defence systems the US had in place there. This has also been the case in Syria where each side is trying to work out what systems the other is using.

The only thing left is to buy time through peace talks knowing no-one will touch him.

Kim's in a tricky position, if he starts opening up North Korea then his people will start to realise what's going on, and that won't end well. He'll probably find something very pedantic to throw a tantrum over in order to back down from any talks when the time is right. It's worth noting that the current set of talks are largely a selection of diplomatic set-pieces where both leaders plant a tree, walk together and, er, well do lots of stuff for the cameras.

rocker959

Jan 22, 2011
Plovdiv Bulgaria
Welcome .

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

i think he is getting too much credit onKorea. not saying he has not had an impact with lots of rhetoric but the US position on NKorea hasnt really changed. what has is the South and North opening up communication, that Olympics gesture went a lot further than appreciated. apparently a lot of senior dignatrories from the North accompanied the team, found out the South dont want their annihilation.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here