Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Technology] First world problems, First world idiots....

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Except the time taken up is increased by queuing up for a parking space to get in the damn place, and then queuing up at the tills because they've only got 2 herberts working on them (and no self-scan option).

I live quite near by the Boundary Rd one, but the parking does look a nightmare at times and regularly grid locks the place, especially when an artic delivery turns up! Self scan in Aldi...:lolol:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I live quite near by the Boundary Rd one, but the parking does look a nightmare at times and regularly grid locks the place, especially when an artic delivery turns up! Self scan in Aldi...:lolol:

I've tried it a couple of times there, and given up. Lifes too short for one-in-one-out.

btnbelle

Apr 26, 2017
I thought I had heard it all, then along comes someone who just makes you wonder where just where humanity is headed....
talk about get your priorities in order.

Jeremy Vine this afternoon has someone on who designs apps for your mobile phones and tablets.

Some guy comes on and is hesitant to give his idea, due to potential copyright and someone stealing his idea.

So the App is basically you tap in your shopping list and go to your local supermarket that participates in this App.

Go to a point at the entrance of the store, plug in or download your shopping list and.......

The App will then show you your quickest route around the supermarket......

Oh for fecks sake.....
Get a life....

Why do people design stuff that doesn't need designing....

Can't someone invent a dustpan and brush that sweeps up all the bits the first time, without keep having to go back for the bits that escaped under the pan. It comes high up on my first world problems list.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I check the fridge and whether I have left something empty on the worktop in the kitchen. I then shop by aisle, selecting things I need.

I would never supermarket shop online because I wouldn't trust the buggers to select perishables with the longest shelf life - a carry over from seeing my mum getting slipped one rotten bit of fruit/veg in every bag by the greengrocer on Boundary Road, Portslade in the 60s. The utter *******.

:lolol:

To appreciate that, you really do have to experienced Boundary Road in the 60s.

I remember when Fine Fare came to town !

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
Surely one of the joys of supermarket shopping is criss-crossing the place and, in passing, discovering the mysterious hobbit holes of Gluten-Free or Ethically Sourced Products along with the Denizens of these parts of the Store?

Don't know about "joy", but the supermarkets would agree with you. They're surely not going to support anything that gets you out the door without browsing for extra items?

Can anyone imagine the work involved in keeping the layout data current for every supermarket in every town and city?

Non-starter.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
To appreciate that, you really do have to experienced Boundary Road in the 60s.

I remember when Fine Fare came to town !

My mum was Made Up :lolol:

Later I worked in George the Chemists :eek:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here