Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Paul Kitson made bankrupt

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint
Always one of my favourite Albion players I particularly liked the time he played against, umm oh who was it ..

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Didn't he score a late winner at Reading for us once ? I seem to remember going apeshit in the Font & Firkin that night.

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint
Didn't he score a late winner at Reading for us once ? I seem to remember going apeshit in the Font & Firkin that night.

Apparently he played 10 times and scored twice I honestly can't remember him playing. I remember signing him and being dead chuffed but apart from that I have nothing

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Kitsons coming on, hes coming on, hes coming on hes coming!

What a night that was. Live on that weird channel that showed Friday games but I can’t rememwber what it was called... ah itv digital maybe?! Scored the winner in front of us too -mental atmo that night and the only win I’ve seen at the mad stag out of about 5 trips :lol:

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern

He scored but it wasn't strictly a winner - he put us 2-0 up with a header that sneaked over the line.

Reading pulled one back with a goal from Cureton.

The only game, so far, I've watched from a hospitality box, thought I was going to get chucked out at one point.

I'm about to repeat the experience at Liverpool in a few weeks time; it's safe to say that I'm in no danger of over-celebrating a win that time

EDIT: Remembering this has prompted me to look up Jamie Cureton: I'm astonished to see that he's still playing - for Bishop's Stortford. He only stopped playing league football the season before last - that's some long career.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
That he did, I remember going apeshit in the stands at the Mad Stad that night.

Me too.

It doesn't surprise me that he had a gambling problem. There were several posts on Nsc about him turning up at Withdean, ostensibly injured, but running out of the car park to go to the bookies. Not so many mobile phone bets in those days.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
He scored but it wasn't strictly a winner - he put us 2-0 up with a header that sneaked over the line.

The only game, so far, I've watched from a hospitality box, thought I was going to get chucked out at one point.

I'm about to repeat the experience at Liverpool in a few weeks time; it's safe to say that I'm in no danger of over-celebrating a win that time

EDIT: Remembering this has prompted me to look up Jamie Cureton: I'm astonished to see that he's still playing - for Bishop's Stortford. He only stopped playing league football the season before last - that's some long career.

Was that the game when Zamora took a quick free kick to Brooker when their keeper was arguing with the ref. That was quality :lol:

Munkfish

May 1, 2006

We were either in the same box, or experianced the same situation. We had a box, the only time I have ever had that experiance of a private box and it was great.

Yoda

English & European
Can anyone actually remember who his other goal was against? I'm sure it was also towards the end of season as there was this joke about him finally being fit and being our savior.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Can anyone actually remember who his other goal was against? I'm sure it was also towards the end of season as there was this joke about him finally being fit and being our savior.

Was it Wolves at home when we beat them 4-1?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Was it Kitson that scored AGAINST us with a handball goal?Was that FOR Reading?

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina

Watford at home when we beat them 4-0 in our final home match.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here