Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] "Protestors" at Alder Hey

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
Interesting that Tom Evans didn't believe in the sanctity of life when he stabbed someone who would have died but for the expertise of the Docs at Alderhey , he would have deprived someones parents of their son in a violent way but is now trying to elicit sympathy for his case.

Poor Alfie should be left in peace whatever the medics decide is best for him.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
"....if I say God is alive I know that people wanna know why babies die,why crops don't grow why, people cry, planes crash, trains smash situations mashed.
But, dammit, when God created the planet, and all of its wealth, deep down inside he left a piece of himself.
The Lord is in HERE, his voice is small...but it talks to us all...so decide from today how it's gonna be...I shalt have no other God but ME"
Amount of Christians phoning up BBC sussex this morning was mind numbing

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
'The courts are arguing that death is better than better than a poor quality of life...' You're making this up as you go along now. The courts are arguing no such thing. No idea where this notion is coming from.

The medical professionals wanted legal clarity on a medical decision they took - i.e. that Alfie would never recover and he is only alive by artificial means, and that therefore they should be within their legal rights to cease medical assistance. The courts agreed.

Many times it doesn't come to this stage as the families themselves agree with the medical opinion - much as it hurts - and no longer wish to suffer themselves. In this instance, the parents are convinced he will recover - or have been convinced by chancers and hoodwinkers that he will - so who out of that lot is taking those parents' wishes into account?

Agreed. Most parents, unencumbered by lunatics, zealots and religious ****wits can discuss the merciful cessation of pointless medically sustained life with their Doctor and Nurses and make a decision based on facts and science.
The parents have only reached the denial phase of the grieving process. They'll move on eventually but others are prolonging their suffering by offering false hope and prayers.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
As a society we need to sort this sh1t out because in 25 years time when we're all living to 100 every one of us will be able to cling onto life via some sort of machine. It's difficult to see how we'll be able to pay for it all.

A living will is the way to go. If my heart stops, I do not want to be rescusitated, or treatment.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
A living will is the way to go. If my heart stops, I do not want to be rescusitated, or treatment.

Be careful what you wish for, TB. 10 years ago I had a cardiac arrest, and died, I was brought back, and have been able to live a normal life ever since. (Well,nearly normal)

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Be careful what you wish for, TB. 10 years ago I had a cardiac arrest, and died, I was brought back, and have been able to live a normal life ever since. (Well,nearly normal)

I've nearly had my three score years and ten.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
This was doing the rounds on Faceache...

I’ve tried so hard to not share my feelings about the current situation at Alder Hey but this picture is the final straw 4 me...... a bouncy castle in the middle of a dual carriage way😡, what a lovely addition to a great day out where people can take their children to observe abuse bein hurled at staff, placards with “murderer” written on them being flashed, people chanting like they are at a football match, fireworks being set off, laser pens being shone, horns beeped, roads blocked, megaphones used! How is any of this helping Alfie or maintaining his dignity in anyway😢...... most of these people are not “peacefully protesting” for Alfie, they are joining a mob culture, that has been ill informed via social media.

I know exactly how alfies parents are feeling and denial is a horrendous place to be.... I fully understand that you would travel to the end of the earth if there is hope of a cure for your child, however there are hundreds of sick children in Alder hey and this circus is distressing for them and their families! I’m not going to share the specifics of Theo’s icu journey, because that is our journey and not something I feel anyone else needs to know, but all I will say is we were all treated with the upmost love, respect and dignity and we as parents always lead on decision making about Theo’s care!

On this exact day 3 years ago, the very staff that are currently being spat at, receiving abusive phone calls and called murderers stayed on beyond their shifts and most of the night whilst they battled in theatre and saved Theo’s life! That very night they were all supposed to be going to one of the consultant cardiologists leaving do after work!!!! Not one single person went to that do, they stayed in theatre all night long working on my boy..... his surgeon then didn’t go home to his own family that night, he got his head down in the staff room for an hour before starting work again in the morning!

Attachments

• 30706872_944822885694576_6155858886766222944_n.jpg
    30706872_944822885694576_6155858886766222944_n.jpg
    115.9 KB · Views: 288

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Open Letter from Sir David Henshaw and Louise Shepherd CBE

25th April 2018

Alfie Evans has deeply affected us all at Alder Hey. There isn’t one member of our staff untouched by his desperate story, the facts of the case and the publicity surrounding it. All of us feel deeply for Alfie and his whole family and we continue to do everything we can to support them as best we can, just as we have for the last 17 months.

Yet in the last two weeks we have found ourselves at the centre of a social media storm that has included many untrue statements about our work and the motivations of our staff. This has led to often inappropriate interventions from a range of external bodies and individuals, some of which have caused significant disruption to our children, families and staff.

As a leading children’s healthcare provider, described by Justice Hayden, who heard the detailed evidence in Alfie’s case, as providing care that ‘can only be properly characterised as world class’, we share the heartbreak that occurs when a child cannot be cured and when a child dies. Our expert professional and compassionate clinical teams always work closely with parents and families in these difficult and distressing circumstances to provide support and comfort in a way that is sensitive to their needs.

Our nursing, medical and support staff come into work each day at Alder Hey determined to do the best for our patients and those who care for them. Justice Hayden has also commented upon the ‘diligent professionalism of some truly remarkable doctors and the warm and compassionate energy of the nurses whose concern and compassion is almost tangible’. Unfortunately, these same remarkable staff have recently been the target of unprecedented personal abuse that has been hard to bear.

As an organisation, we have endured attacks upon our motivation, our professionalism and our ethics. It has been a very difficult time. Having to carry on our usual day to day work in a hospital that has required a significant police presence just to keep our patients, staff and visitors safe is completely unacceptable. Our staff have received in person, via phone calls, email, and through social media channels a barrage of highly abusive and threatening language and behaviour that has shocked us all. Worse still, patients and visitors to Alder Hey have also reported abuse. We are truly grateful to Merseyside Police for their unstinting support. This has helped us maintain our focus on safeguarding Alfie’s comfort, dignity and privacy, which remains our first priority.

We have also been sustained by the huge warmth and support we have received from across Liverpool and beyond. Many, many families in Liverpool and the wider region have shared with us just how much they have been touched personally by the care they have received from Alder Hey. Their stories have reassured us that the vast majority of people would agree with Justice Hayden, that the care that we provide, day in day out, is truly outstanding. They know that we will always try to do our best for children. We hope that the special work of Alder Hey, and the special people who do it, will continue to be supported at this difficult time.

For that and on behalf of us all at Alder Hey we wish to express our sincere thanks.

bhadebenhams

Mar 14, 2009
D904A042-B0D7-4239-B5C4-4B548A072ABE.jpeg

well never forget youse #alfiesarmy

Perfidious Albion

Oct 25, 2011
At the end of my tether
Condolences to his family, I admire their fight. Really though, I believe that this is overdue and in reality the best outcome..

Regarding the supporters, to put it politely I question the realease of hundreds of plastic balloons to drift across the countryside and fall wherever they will. At this time ,when plastic pollution is a hot topic , it flies in the face of all that we are told not to do. They salute the kid by polluting the land....

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Condolences to his family, I admire their fight. Really though, I believe that this is overdue and in reality the best outcome..

Regarding the supporters, to put it politely I question the realease of hundreds of plastic balloons to drift across the countryside and fall wherever they will. At this time ,when plastic pollution is a hot topic , it flies in the face of all that we are told not to do. They salute the kid by polluting the land....

I think the release of a few balloons is absolutely fine. It’s not exactly industrial scale waste.

RIP to the little chap. Sadly, doctors knew this was the inevitable outcome all along. However, we live in an age where people have been told to disregard what ‘so called experts’ think and believe in their own opinions. That becomes toxic for all concerned when two passionate loving parents will do all they can to keep their son alive.

It has been a tragic case.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here