Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Finance] Woohoo Thank you TSB

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
for extra comedy value, the Spanish parent company declared the migration a success. some pretty loose measures of success being used there.

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
Been working in IT for a good 25 years in project and programme management and have been involved in many migration projects not unlike the TSB job - when the migration is big [data size / elapsed duration / consequence of failure] the choice usually falls to the CIO to make a call for either cheaper but riskier big-bang or a more cautious but more expensive phased approach. I have observed over the years that the appetite for risk taking has grown with its attached commercial value of being cheaper. But a big-bang MUST have a roll-back contingency to avoid the risk of an extended system outage - doesn't need Einstein to work out what TSB did and didn't do here.

I have a TSB current a/c - fortunately I also have current accounts with Nationwide and Santander too - IT resilience planning creeping in to home life ....

Here's their log-in page as of now:
TSB Log-in - Computer says no.JPG

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
Been working in IT for a good 25 years in project and programme management and have been involved in many migration projects not unlike the TSB job - when the migration is big [data size / elapsed duration / consequence of failure] the choice usually falls to the CIO to make a call for either cheaper but riskier big-bang or a more cautious but more expensive phased approach. I have observed over the years that the appetite for risk taking has grown with its attached commercial value of being cheaper. But a big-bang MUST have a roll-back contingency to avoid the risk of an extended system outage - doesn't need Einstein to work out what TSB did and didn't do here.

I have a TSB current a/c - fortunately I also have current accounts with Nationwide and Santander too - IT resilience planning creeping in to home life ....

Here's their log-in page as of now:
View attachment 96404

If you click on "Return to TSB Homepage" there is a login in the lop right hand corner. This is intermittently working. If you are lucky enough to get in, you can see your accounts but nothing else is working.

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
If you click on "Return to TSB Homepage" there is a login in the lop right hand corner. This is intermittently working. If you are lucky enough to get in, you can see your accounts but nothing else is working.

If your lucky un/enough you might get to see your families information too

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
I think you're right in that a significant majority of those decisions are made for political rather than technical reasons. Hence our discussion on this thread.

Still, look on the bright side, there will be a Senior IT person (or persons) available imminently to go and start work on this new technical solution to the Ireland/Northern Ireland border issue :thumbsup:

Not necessarily political, but self serving. When Lloyds and TSB merged, all the credit card processing was outsourced and many of the managers who made that decision ended up getting highly paid jobs at the outsource company. Funny that.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here